Much like a monthly gym membership, IT trade association CompTIA is making available a new membership package for VARs that gives them access to industry research, education and skills programs, networking opportunities, and more for $20 per month.
The CompTIA VAR Membership Bundle is priced at $250 annually, but also offers companies a monthly payment plan option for a $10 savings. For a recurring $20 per month credit card charge, VARs have access to the full range of CompTIA benefits for $240 per year.
"Small business owners and resellers are an essential component of the IT channel and a vital constituency for CompTIA," says Dan Liutikas, senior vice president, industry relations, CompTIA. "They offer a unique perspective on what's working in our industry, and what needs to be improved on. We're pleased to offer this new membership package to the VAR community and encourage them to become part of CompTIA."
The recurring monthly credit card payment program is available to VARs, systems integrators, managed services providers, and solution providers. With their CompTIA membership, they gain access to such benefits as:
- Opportunities to participate in CompTIA's seven communities, member-driven groups that collaborate to advance specific technologies, vertical markets or business segments vital to the IT industry
- Discounts on CompTIA certification, certificate, and business accreditation programs
- CompTIA research, which delivers relevant and actionable data and intelligence on the IT marketplace
- Free registration for CompTIA Breakaway, an event for the IT channel in North America, and discounted registrations at other national and regional conferences and events
- Complimentary business education classes
- Free access to best practices documents and business templates, including human resources and legal documents
- Discounts on business and retail products and services
For more information on membership in CompTIA, visit www.comptiz.org/membership.aspx