IRVINE, Calif., March 11, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Netwrix, a vendor that makes data security easy, announced today the release of Netwrix Data Classification 5.5.2. This updated version enables customers to enrich Microsoft Information Protection (MIP) capabilities by accurately and consistently labelling documents; improve the security of sensitive content stored on their corporate Google Drive; and ease the burden of CCPA compliance.
Enhancements to Netwrix Data Classification 5.5.2 include:
- Data classification for Google Drive
- Netwrix Data Classification now automatically identifies and classifies content stored on Google Drive so security and compliance teams can apply appropriate controls. As a result, organizations can secure the sensitive data they store in the cloud and pass compliance audits with far less effort.
- Integration with Microsoft Information Protection
- Organizations can further reduce the risk of a breach by improving the effectiveness of their MIP controls. Netwrix Data Classification enriches the data protection and rights management capabilities of MIP by accurately labelling data based on statistical analysis of corporate content. This enables organizations to reduce the risk of a data leak due to incorrect labelling, and ensure that business processes are not disrupted because trivial files were falsely labelled as sensitive.
- Predefined CCPA classification rules
- Out-of-the-box classification rules make it easy to identify CCPA-regulated data, so organizations can ensure that the information they store about California residents is properly controlled and prove it during compliance audits.
"New privacy laws are putting organizations under increasing pressure to find and secure the vast amounts of customer data they store and process. Information security professionals need simple yet powerful solutions that provide accurate information about the data they have, without introducing unnecessary complexity into the IT environment. The new release of Netwrix Data Classification will help information security teams ensure that their security measures work as intended and ease the IT workload," said Steve Dickson, CEO at Netwrix.
To learn more about all the enhancements in Netwrix Data Classification, please visit www.netwrix.com/netwrix_data_classification5.5.2.html
Netwrix makes data security easy by simplifying how professionals control sensitive, regulated and business-critical data, regardless of where it resides. Over 10,000 organizations worldwide rely on Netwrix solutions to secure sensitive data, realize the full business value of enterprise content, pass compliance audits with less effort and expense, and increase the productivity of IT teams and knowledge workers.
Founded in 2006, Netwrix has earned more than 150 industry awards and been named to both the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 lists of the fastest growing companies in the U.S.
For more information, visit www.netwrix.com.
Avista PR for Netwrix
E: [email protected]
SOURCE Netwrix Corporation