NETGEAR Inc., the San Jose, Calif.-based provider of networking devices for homes and SMBs, has introduced the NETGEAR 48-port Gigabit Smart Managed Plus Switch (GS750E). Equipped with VLAN, QoS, LAG, and IGMP management capabilities, two SFP uplink ports, and an intuitive web management interface, the new device is designed to provide simple, reliable, and affordable connectivity for workstations, servers, Network Attached Storage arrays, and PCs while optimizing network performance and eliminating bottlenecks.
Part of the NETGEAR Smart Managed Plus Switch product family, the GS750E comes with advanced L2 features, including traffic prioritization and link aggregation, that are configurable through the web management console. It can be used as a desktop switch, mounted in a rack, or installed in IT closet cabinets. The product's fanless design makes it suitable for use in noise-sensitive environments such as classrooms, conference rooms, doctor’s offices, and open-plan offices as well.
The GS750E also comes with enhanced traffic monitoring, cable test, and security functionality. Other key features include:
- Maximum throughput at wire speed, with 100Gbps non-blocking switching architecture
- VLAN, QoS, and port mirroring for segmenting and prioritizing voice, data, and video traffic
- Auto “denial-of-service” prevention
- Link Aggregation and Loop Prevention to add redundancy and increase connection speeds
- Two extra active SFP ports for use as fiber uplinks
- IGMP snooping support for multicast optimization
- Rate limiting and priority queuing for better bandwidth allocation
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) for maximum power savings
- ProSAFE Lifetime Hardware Warranty with lifetime next business day replacement shipping and lifetime technical support options
NETGEAR's U.S. MSRP for the 48-Port Gigabit Smart Managed Plus Switch is $349.99. The new switch is available worldwide through authorized NETGEAR partners and other reseller channels and e-commerce sites. Regional variance may apply to the final pricing for end customers depending on the reseller and bundled offerings.