Fort Collins | January 31, 2017
DH2i™ Company, the leading provider of Microsoft Windows Server application virtualization and management solutions, today announced the general availability of DxEnterprise™ version 16 (v16). This updated release of DH2i’s container virtualization and management software features added support for Oracle Database on Windows. Now for the first time, Oracle users can create stateful containers for new and existing Oracle databases using the portable, universal Vhost container technology of DxEnterprise. With these containers, Oracle databases can be moved from any Windows Server host to any other Windows Server host, anywhere, with near-zero downtime. In doing so, Oracle customers can simplify and dramatically improve the management of their Oracle environments, ensure SLA compliance and lower costs.
“Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases provide undeniable business and IT benefits – playing important roles in numerous enterprise IT infrastructures. And while both SQL Server and Oracle users generally agree on the benefits and value these solutions provide, there is comparable agreement regarding the complexity and cost of managing the environment, as well as the licenses. This is especially true when an IT team is tasked with managing a mixed Microsoft/Oracle environment,” said OJ Ngo, CTO and Co-Founder, DH2i. “DxEnterprise v16 enables Oracle DB professionals to safely stack workloads in a physical or virtual environment, for the highest efficiency consolidation.”
Only DxEnterprise gives customer a single unified high availability and SLA management solution for Oracle Database, Microsoft SQL Server, Windows File Shares and application services—without the need for Windows Server Failover Clustering or active directory services. DxEnterprise also gives customers full quality-of-service (QoS) resource controls on applications, not just machines. Users get application-level high availability, SLA management and full dependency coordination for unsurpassed control and agility. DxEnterprise self-healing capabilities protect users from OS, application and infrastructure faults, and even from most pilot errors.
With DH2i’s lightweight container technology, Oracle DB professionals have an infrastructure agnostic solution that enables the stacking of application instances to eliminate OS and VM sprawl for good. That means no more hardware limitations. Users get high availability (HA) and disaster recovery (DR), a huge reduction in operating systems to manage and licensing savings—all with an easy, 6-click install.
DxEnterprise v16 Delivers:
- Application-Level High Availability and SLA Management
- Application-level HAwithout the need for Oracle Fail Safe or Windows Server Failover Clustering (WSFC) – active directory is supported, but not required
- Built-in QoS controls for SLA assurance at the instance level – full dependency coordination delivers unsurpassed control and agility
- Highest level of protection from OS, application and infrastructure faults, as well as most pilot errors
- Easy stretch clusters for a simple, automated, multi-subnet disaster recovery (DR) framework
- Next-Level Consolidation
- Safely stack as many Oracle DB instances as required to increase server utilization and eliminate OS sprawl – for physical and logical consolidation with the fewest restrictions and no hardware limitations
- Dramatic Savings on Oracle Licensing, While Maintaining 100% Compliance
- Achieve huge cost savings by reducing the number of OSes that must be licensed and managed
- Enjoy all the HA, consolidation, and management benefits of DH2i with Oracle Database Standard or Enterprise Edition
- The Infrastructure Can Consist of Any of the Following Elements:
- Oracle Database 11gR2 or newer (64-bit), any edition
- Windows Server 2008R2 or newer, any edition
- Industry-standard x64 servers
- Any IP networking fabric
- Fibre Channel, iSCSI, or FC over IB SAN storage
“Failure is not an option in today’s enterprise IT environment. Consequently, enterprise IT has become hyper-vigilant in deploying technology and procedures that work to ensure individual servers are highly available, but these solutions can be complex and costly. DH2i’s DxEnterprise offers application-level HA which seeks to reduce the time and cost for such solutions,” said Gary Chen, Research Manager, Software Defined Compute, IDC. “With the new enhancements in the latest version, DxEnterprise is aiming to provide an extremely compelling value prop for IT management and the C-suite alike.”
“From a channel perspective it is also important to note that investment in database technology, including software, hardware, and staff has flattened, even declined in some cases. In order to remain relevant, solutions providers must now address the needs of users that require easier, more flexible database management and cost efficiency for both on-premises and cloud-based databases across a range of DBMS brands and types. The added DxEnterprise capabilities provide channel partners an opportunity to build, maintain and deepen client relationships,” said Carl Olofson, Research Vice President, Data Management Software, IDC.
To learn more about DxEnterprise, please visit: http://dh2i.com/product-tour-and-free-trial/dxenterprise.
To learn more about DH2i’s DxAdvantage Channel Partner Program, please visit: http://dh2i.com/partners/.
DH2i Company™ is the leading provider of Microsoft Windows Server application portability and management solutions. Its flagship solution, DxEnterprise™, containerizes and decouples Windows Server applications, such as SQL Server and Oracle on Windows, from the host OS and underlying IT infrastructure. In doing so, customers can simplify and dramatically improve the management of their datacenter environment, ensure SLA compliance, and lower costs by 30%-60%. To learn more, please visit: www.dh2i.com, call: 800-380-5405 or +44 20 3318 9204, or email: [email protected].
© DH2i Company 2017. DH2i, DxEnterprise, DxAdvantage, DxConsole, DxHADR, DxTransfer, DxCollect and InstanceMobility are trademarks of DH2i Company. All other brand or product names contained in this press release may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.