Fort Lauderdale, Fla., was the host to the second of nine 2018 ASCII IT Success Summits, held March 21 and 22. The summits bring together IT solution providers and technology vendors in a two-day format that includes extensive networking, education, and training.
In addition to best-practice addresses from ASCII members and thought leaders, the special guest for 2018 is Theresa Payton, former White House CIO and star of the CBS TV series Hunted. Payton was the first female to serve as White House chief information officer, and named No. 4 on IFSEC Global’s list of the world’s Top 50 cybersecurity influencers in 2017.
Jerry Koutavas, president of The ASCII Group, opened the pre-day on Wednesday with a talk about ASCII Group’s unique approach to peer groups.
Pre-day educational sessions included presentations on security, marketing, verticalization, and unified communications as a service. The day concluded with a roundtable discussion and evening networking reception.
On Thursday, keynote speaker Bradley Gross, managing partner at the law office of Bradley Gross, P.A., discussed how MSPs can avoid legal disasters. His talk was followed by educational sessions on cybersecurity, business continuity planning, generating revenue with Internet of Things, VoIP, sales and marketing, distribution, and more.
The day ended with a closing award ceremony and giveaways.
The award winners are as follows:
- Best Education - Solutions Granted
- Best Partner Incentives - Star2Star
- Best Presentation - Duo Security
- Best Rapid Pitch - RapidFire Tools
- Best Keynote Presentation - Pax8
- Most Innovative Solution - Mailprotector
- Best Market Opportunity - Technology Marketing Toolkit
- Best Partner Support - Datto
- Best Channel Program - Datto
- Best Revenue Generator - GreenLink Networks
- Top Distributor - Tech Data
- Best Partner Involvement - Datto, Pax8 & Cytracom
- Best of Show - Datto
Next up for the ASCII IT Success Summits is Austin, Texas, April 18 and 19.