The ASCII MSP Success Summit 2022 series of business-building events headed to SoCal on June 15-16, where it hosted MSPs and IT business owners for two days of education and networking at the Hyatt Regency Long Beach. Sessions featured MSP-led content from both ASCII members and industry thought leaders.
Long Beach is the fifth stop on the multi-city tour planned this year by The ASCII Group, a membership-based community of independent North American MSPs, MSSPs, and solution providers.
Day one of the conference included presentations from Mark Wiener, president of BizCom Global, who discussed “How To Garner Larger Clients Without Managing Endpoints”; and Bradley Gross, Esq., on where MSPs are at risk when it comes to their MSA agreements. A thought leadership panel session with speakers from GMS Live, NUSO, and Webroot addressed what top MSP performers are doing differently to build sales.
In addition, ASCII Group President Jerry Koutavas reported on the ASCII security committee’s latest release, “How to Vet Your MSP."
Attendees also heard vendor presentations on email security, business intelligence, Azure, and more. A networking reception ended the evening.
On the main day, ASCII member Stanley Louissaint presented, “How One MSP Hit $1M as a Solo IT Entrepreneur”; and Bradley Gross delivered part two of his legal review of MSA agreements.
Attendees also heard vendor presentations on billing, security, cyber resilience, zero trust, VoIP, and cyber insurance, and browsed the expo hall.
Keynote speaker Paul Nadeau, a world-leading hostage negotiator and criminal interrogator, ended the day with his talk on understanding human behavior to win sales.
At the conclusion of the event, the following sponsors received awards voted to them by attendees:
- Best Education (Day 1): Solutions Granted
- Best Partner Incentives (Day 1): CyberGuard 360
- Best Presentation (Day 1): Solutions Granted
- Best Rapid Pitch Presentation: Helpdesk.tech
- Best New Solution: Speartip
- Most Innovative Solution: Gradient MSP
- Best Market Opportunity: Pax8
- Best Partner Support: Datto
- Best Channel Program: Datto
- Best Revenue Generator: Datto
- Best Keynote Presentation: Gradient MSP
- Best Distributor: Pax8
- Best Featured Educational Session: Mark Wiener
- Best Partner Involvement: Datto, Pax8, Speartip
- Best In Show: Datto
Next up on the ASCII MSP Success Summit tour is Toronto on July 27-28. Find out more here.
Photo: Courtesy of The ASCII Group