Engineered to meet the load balancing and application delivery requirements of SMBs, APV 8.4 supports new advanced load balancing and application delivery features, offers increased performance across all APV Series appliances, and introduces a new 50 percent off pricing option.
In addition, Array’s 1RU Array APV2600 now supports 10GigE connectivity for the increased throughput and SSL performance enabled by APV 8.4.
APV 8.4 Features
In addition to advanced server load balancing, link load balancing, GSLB, connection multiplexing, SSL acceleration, compression, caching, traffic shaping and application security, APV 8.4 introduces:
- ePolicy - Administrators can write custom scripts to control application traffic.
- IPv6 - The IPv6 Forum IPv6 Ready program has granted Gold Certification in support of migration from IPv4 to IPv6 and provide a means for IPv6 and IPv4 networks and clients to communicate.
- Independent Session Controlling - Session IDs can be extracted from application traffic to build mapping tables for associating session IDs with real servers.
- TCP Stateful Failover - This includes N+1 clustering for high availability, role-based administration control, and advanced ACLs (SLB QoS).
- eCloud API - Integrating Array’s physical and virtual ADCs with infrastructure service provider cloud management systems, APV Series appliances are made available as a load balancing service.
APV 8.4 leverages Array’s 64-bit SpeedCore architecture to extract more performance than ever from multicore, multiprocessor APV Series appliances,” states Array Networks in a press release submitted to ChannelPro-SMB.
APV 8.4 for Array Networks APV Series application delivery controllers is available immediately.