The first of four “Fast Lane to Success Tour” live events convened a full house of channel resellers, integrators, consultants, and MSPs in the Atlanta area to deliver business growth strategies in key areas.By Cecilia Galvin
ChannelPro-SMB, the premier source of IT and business insights for SMB solution providers, gathered channel experts, top vendors, and IT solution providers on March 1 and 2 in the Atlanta metro area to discuss business strategies that can be implemented immediately to get channel partners on the quickest road to business success. It is ChannelPro-SMB’s first of four events in this calendar year.
With a 2017 theme of “Fast Lane to Success Tour,” these live events deliver the financial, sales, marketing, and operational insights to succeed in today’s fast-paced, competitive business environment.
The full-day event for channel resellers, integrators, consultants, and cloud and managed service providers offered interactive, in-depth conversations with some of the industry’s top channel pros and industry experts who have pioneered growth-oriented and highly profitable businesses. A showcase of SMB vendor solutions provided additional learning opportunities and enabled channel pros to get one-on-one advice on employing new technologies and services to better serve their clients and their own businesses.
The event got underway on Wednesday, March 1, with a half-day workshop by SolarWinds MSP on key industry trends and highlights of the company’s on-premises and cloud-based solutions, followed by a welcome cocktail reception for vendors, speakers, and attendees.
On Thursday, March 2, event sessions presented by well-known channel experts included:
- Profiting from Channel Convergence, on the convergence of the IT, telco, and print channels and how it can help attendees grow their businesses.
- Valuation-Boosting Business Management Secrets, in which experienced M&A consultants explained how businesses are valuated and the steps to take now to maximize your selling price when you’re ready to cash out.
- Everything You’ve Always Wanted to Know about Customers … but Were Afraid to Ask, which delved into what clients really think of their IT providers’ advice and sales presentation skills and what can be done to gain more of their trust—and business.
- Specializing in Security, an exploration of the risks and rewards of creating a specialized security practice and tips on the technologies to employ.
- And a unique hardware-oriented game show that enabled attendees to showcase their knowledge of the current and near-future hardware market.
At the sponsor showcase, attendees discussed the latest solutions for their SMB clients with leading vendors as well as networked with their peers.
The 20, the event’s Premier Gold sponsor, presented the morning keynote. Gold sponsors for the event were Clover Imaging Group, Cytracom LLC, Data Deposit Box Inc., Datto Inc., Eaton Corp., SolarWinds MSP, SYNNEX Corp., and Webroot Inc.
Silver sponsors included AppRiver, which was also the lunch sponsor, ASCII Group Inc., Autotask Corp., Buffalo Americas Inc., Calyptix Security, Carvir InfoSec, ChannelOnline, Crexendo Inc., eFolder, Manuel Palachuk International, Marketopia, MSP SEO Factory, The Neat Co., Ninja MSP, PC Matic Pro, RapidFire Tools Inc., SellMyMSP, SherWeb, Small Biz Thoughts, SMB Nation, SMB TechFest, SPC International Online Inc., and Tech Data Corp.
The event concluded with attendees honoring vendor sponsors with the following awards:
- Best Selfie Video: Autotask Corp.
- Best Showcase Presentation, Gold: The 20 and Datto Inc. (tie)
- Best Showcase Presentation, Silver: Carvir InfoSec
- Best On-Stage Presentation, Gold: The 20
- Best Add-on Product: Clover Imaging Group
- Best New Solution: Carvir InfoSec
- Best Revenue Booster: RapidFire Tools Inc.
- Best Software Solution: Webroot Inc.
- Best Hardware Solution: Datto Inc. and Eaton Corp. (tie)
- Most Innovative Solution: Carvir InfoSec
- Best Cloud Solution: eFolder and Tech Data Corp. (tie)
- Best Partner Community: SolarWinds MSP
- Best Distributor: SYNNEX Corp.
- Best in Show: Carvir InfoSec
The next ChannelPro SMB Forum event will be held in Chicago on May 2, 2017. To ensure that everyone at the ChannelPro SMB Forums can freely participate in the conversation, seating at each event has been limited. Interested parties should register immediately at http://www.ChannelProForum.com.
“Attendees from across the channel ecosystem have a unique opportunity at our forum events to learn the business-building secrets of successful MSPs and VARs who have paved the way for their success,” said Michael Siggins, vice president and publisher of ChannelPro-SMB. “They also can learn about innovative solutions from SMB-focused vendors in the two-hour showcase to help meet the growing IT needs of their clients and prospects.”
Interested sponsors should contact Joel Zaidspiner at 561-422-5119 or Lisa Sherman at 917-388-9531. More sponsorship info can be found at: http://ChannelProForum.com/sponsors/how-to-sponsor.
Photos courtesy of Kent Ruby Photography