Zebra Technologies Corporation, the market leader in healthcare purposed mobile computers, barcode scanners and barcode printers enhanced with software and services to enable real-time enterprise visibility, announced a new family of healthcare-focused direct thermal and thermal transfer desktop printers at HIMSS 2018 (Booth #1421). The†ZD420-HC†and the†ZD620-HC†are enabled by†Print DNA,†a software suite of utilities and developer tools that deliver a superior printing experience through better performance, simplified remote manageability and easier integration. The new desktop printers also offer a unique set of features designed to specifically comply with†healthcare†power supply regulations and sanitary protocols, as well as increase security of prescription labels and sensitive data; further enhancing the overall quality of patient care.
- Print DNA, powered by Zebra’s updated†Link-OS† 5.0 platform, features PrintSecure device security assurance, which makes it easy and efficient to update and configure printers to use secure connections, block unwanted access and increase protection around patient data and infrastructures. The combination of PrintSecure with Zebra’s Asset Visibility Services (AVS), Operational Visibility Services (OVS) and†Profile Manager Enterprise†offers comprehensive device security and management capabilities.
- The ZD420-HC and ZD620-HC printers – available in direct thermal and thermal transfer – are designed with simplicity of use in mind. They operate with best-in-class print speeds while maintaining premium print quality required for printing accurate prescriptions, lab/specimen labels, patient ID wristbands, asset labels and more.
- Disinfectant-ready plastics, a sealed button interface, and UV resistant housing make both printers easy to clean and disinfect to prevent the spread of germs in hospitals and clinics, while also supporting the growing use of UV cleaning methods. Both printers also include an International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) healthcare-compliant power supply.
- The ZD420-HC and ZD620-HC offer a locking media cabinet to block unauthorized access to high value media such as blank prescription forms. For extra security, an optional lock slot that enables printer attachment to a desk or table is available for the ZD420-HC and ZD620-HC direct thermal, LCD models.
- The ZD420-HC and ZD620-HC feature an intuitive user interface with LED status icons so users can save time and easily see what’s needed to keep printers up and running, from resolving printer issues to replenishing media. The ZD620-HC is available with an optional keypad user interface for easy configuration and a color LCD display that clearly indicates printer status and errors for the immediate resolution of issues.
- Both models provide maximum device uptime and efficiency by allowing seamless integration into pre-existing infrastructures through multiple connectivity options and backwards-compatibility with all desktop printers and media from virtually any manufacturer.