†Schneider Electric, the global specialist in the digital transformation of energy management and automation, announced it is expanding its APC Smart-UPS portfolio with a†Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) battery option for its single-phase offer.
APC’s Smart-UPS On-Line Li-Ion battery†offer fills an industry gap by delivering better performance and longer shelf life that is not currently available with sealed lead acid battery technology. With the delivery of a Li-Ion solution, Schneider Electric is enabling customers to operate more efficiently and significantly reduce the cost and risk associated with managing their power protection equipment.
Smart-UPS powered by Li-Ion
For years, Schneider Electric has featured Li-Ion across its portfolio of power protection solutions, including its industry-leading three-phase UPSs and APC Back-UPS offer. Now, it is expanding its use of†Li-Ion technology for its single-phase Smart-UPS portfolio.
With Li-Ion embedded technology, Smart-UPS On-Line offers several maintenance and cost-saving benefits:
- Longer life span: Li-Ion batteries can have a†service life upwards of 10 years.
- Smaller size and weight: Due to higher energy densities, Li-Ion batteries have a much smaller footprint and†weigh about 30 percent less†than sealed lead acid batteries.
- Lower maintenance and†total cost of ownership: With†double the battery life, the amount of maintenance and associated costs required over the life of the UPS is†reduced by up to 53 percent.
- Safety:†APC’s proven record of safety and†best-in-class design and adherence to safety regulations†(UL 1973, UL1642/IEC62133) provides added peace of mind.
- Better performance at higher temperatures:†Li-Ion batteries can operate at higher average temperatures (e.g., 40∞C/104∞F)†without degradation to UPS performance of runtime.
- Extended runtime: Smart-UPS On-Line can be†configured with multiple Li-Ion battery packs†to meet aggressive runtime demands based on IT and business needs.
- Remote management capabilities: Available with a†preinstalled Network Management Card†(NMC) option, this solution can enhance visibility of edge environments with monitoring and control capabilities.
The solution can also connect to Schneider Electric’s cloud-enabled†EcoStruxure IT†platform, which allows customers to leverage data-driven insights about the health and status of their UPS devices to simplify maintenance and optimize performance.
Providing Certainty in a Connected World
APC by Schneider Electric is the leading brand worldwide for integrated physical infrastructure and software. With a wide array of products that provide reliable power and availability solutions for IT and communications technologies, APC delivers Certainty in a Connected World. With the largest community of partners tailoring solutions for home and distributed IT, APC enables individuals and businesses to anticipate the unexpected, protecting critical information and data.
The†Smart-UPS On-line with Li-Ion battery†will be available in select global regions starting Q1 2018. Additional Li-Ion single-phase products will be rolled out through 2018.