Cherwell Software has released Cherwell Service Management (CSM) 5.0, the newest version of its IT service management (ITSM) software platform. CSM 5.0 is designed to be an easy, user-friendly platform for ITSM that is easily configured for business and workforce enablement.
CSM 5.0 features and updates include:
- Codeless application creation that is configurable. Cherwell customers and partners can create Cherwell mergeable applications to add new functionality to the CSM platform. The Cherwell mApp Exchange supports community collaboration to build and to exchange mApp technology.
- Integration with ITSM and other applications—including Release Management, Lync, IT Project Tracking, SolarWinds, and others—using wizard-driven functionality that does not require writing code. New integrations and mApp solutions won’t break existing configurations.
- Advanced dashboard drill-down and a new dashboard editor, expression-driven text, colors, images and visibility, and user-configurable, reusable metrics that can be created and measured against a company’s own key performance indicators.
- In addition to offering mApp functionality and new integrations to build CSM installations in new business directions, enhancements include One-Step variables, integration with Splunk logging, new prompt capabilities, and a system analyzer for troubleshooting and performance assessment.
- Browser client enhancements, new and improved underlying dashboard display technology, preset color themes, and advanced record locking.
“Cherwell’s vision is to enable IT and beyond, extending business technology as and when it is needed.† We built the company for this purpose, and we’re at a point where we can deliver on the vision for IT service management professionals,” says Vance Brown, CEO of Cherwell Software. “We’re excited to provide IT with the tools to achieve business technology in a way that is finally within their reach. The concept of business enablement is not new, but not within easy grasp of IT. With the Cherwell Service Management 5.0 platform, IT can easily manage infrastructure, but also create and extend business processes through mApp solutions.”
Additional information for Cherwell Service Mangement 5.0 is available here. The company is also offering a webinar for the newly released ITSM software platform on Sept. 18, 2014, at 11 a.m. EST. To register, visit cherwell.com/calendar/introducing-cherwell-service-management-v5. To view the Cherwell mApp Exchange, visit mapps.cherwell.com.