Managed services provider Windstream Hosted Solutions is opening a new enterprise-class data center in Charlotte, N.C. The new data center—Windstream’s fourth in Charlotte and its seventh in North Carolina—is expected to open late in 2013.
Design and construction of Windstream’s Data Center have already started and will result in a 72,000-square-foot facility with multiple 10,000-square-foot data center suites, delivered in a phased approach. It will be equipped to handle Windstream’s full suite of cloud computing, dedicated hardware, data storage, and managed services.
“This newest data center represents our commitment to providing customers with the highest level of services and reliability in order to meet the changing needs of their businesses,” says Chris Nicolini, Windstream’s senior vice president of data center operations.
The new Windstream Hosted Solutions data center will feature:
- 2N modular design for easy capacity expansion as needed.
- Customer workspace and build rooms.
- 3000kVA of day 1 utility capacity easily expanded to over 12MVA.
- True A-Side & B-Side power distribution via fully redundant 2N critical infrastructure.
- 1215kW of day 1 usable UPS capacity expandable to over 3600kW.
- High-efficiency chillers with 450 tons of 2N day 1 cooling capacity expandable to 1350 tons.
- Fire suppression, including both FM200 and Dry-Pipe (double interlock pre-action fire suppression) and VESDA early detection system.
- High-capacity, burstable, carrier-neutral Internet connectivity via multiple Tier I Internet providers.
- On-site network operations centers (NOCs), fully staffed 24 x 7 x 365, providing facilities and network monitoring, security, technical and remote-hands support.
- Access to multi-tenant infrastructure, such as Enterprise Cloud, EMC and NetApp SAN/NAS, F5 GTM/LTM platforms, as well as Cisco and Juniper network and security platforms.
The Hosted Solutions suite includes public, private, and hybrid cloud products, available to businesses nationwide. These managed and dedicated hosting solutions, combined with Windstream’s line-up of advanced network communications and technology product—including voice and data services such as VoIP, SIP trunking, MPLS, and dedicated high-speed internet—enable Windstream to offer its customers a complete set of integrated services.