IT management software developer SolarWinds has announced the forthcoming release of its Server & Application Monitor (SAM), which is at the heart of the company’s full suite of systems and application management products.
Designed to deliver agentless performance and availability monitoring, alerting, and reporting for over 150 applications and server types, the latest version of SolarWinds SAM will now enable server and application management directly from the product’s Web console.
Remediation capabilities include starting and stopping services, killing rogue processes, and rebooting services, among others. Other new and updated features in SolarWinds SAM include:
- Server hardware health monitoring support for popular blade chassis (including HP C7000, HP C3000 and Dell M1000e).
- Native Windows Volume Mount Point monitoring.
- Storage volume performance metrics used in finding server issues caused by latency, queued disk I/O, and high IOPS.
- Windows Server network performance monitoring for bandwidth usage and errors.
- Extended integration with System Center 2012 through updated SolarWinds Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager.
- Improved Managed Service Provider (MSP) support to include new remote pollers, providing increased deployment flexibility to support distributed environments and MSP-style architectures
Systems & Application Management
SolarWinds SAM is one of nine key products in the SolarWinds†systems and application management†product portfolio. Together, these products are designed to address the troubleshooting, patch management, and performance monitoring needs of channel pros and SMBs.
In 2012, SolarWinds expanded its systems and application management portfolio by adding SolarWinds Web Help Desk and SolarWinds Serv-U Managed File Transfer Server. It also released new versions of SolarWinds Web Performance Monitor, SolarWinds Virtualization Manager, SolarWinds Patch Manager, SolarWinds Log & Event Manager, SolarWinds Storage Manager, and DameWare Remote Support.†
“As new IT challenges, budget, and staffing limitations place an increasingly high demand on IT professionals to meet business objectives while doing more with less,” says Denny LeCompte, SolarWinds’ senior vice president of product st√•rategy, “we have enhanced our systems and applications solutions, offering an affordable alternative or complementary solution for existing structures.
SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor starts at $2,995 and includes a year of maintenance. †