Kofax Updates Communication Server
The company’s business communication software feature improved integration between communication applications and devices.
Document management and compliance solutions developer Kofax has announced the latest release of its Kofax Communication Server (KCS).
KCS is software for automating the receipt, exchange, and output of information between applications, devices, and people. The latest version, KCS 9.0 features improved integration between inbound and outbound communications, especially with regard to the receipt and transmission of large volumes of documents, messages, or other communications.
KCS links such devices as multifunction peripherals (MFPs) and phone systems using media types such as email, fax, SMS, MMS, voicemail, and telex with applications from SAP, IBM, Kofax, and other software providers.
KCS executive vice president of products Jim Nicol says he considers the latest version of KCS “the most scalable and flexible enterprise communication platform offered on the market today.”
“KCS 9.0 delivers the most dependable and efficient communications platform for automating and accelerating business processes, and can virtually plug into a customer’s existing systems without requiring additional infrastructure investments,” Nicol adds.
New features of KCS include:
- Enhanced Web Service Interfaces–KCS 9.0’s Web Monitoring Interface (WMI) provides access to message monitoring, alerting, and tracking features.
- Native Kofax Capture Integration–An integration module providing a transactional connection between Kofax Capture and KCS 9.0.
- Full Microsoft System Support–Integration into Microsoft Exchange 2010 environments and all supported server components are supported on Windows 2008 R2. Also supported are client applications needed for administrative purposes and Hyper-V, Microsoft’s virtualization system.
- Improved Backup and Recovery Capabilities–Backup and recovery application for configuration, user, and message data and scheduling functions in order to make regular backups.
- IP Support–IPv6 for Internet protocol communication and the KCS core server, FoIP.
- New System Certifications–Certification for SAP and Cisco IP PABXs.