TRENDnet Launches 16- and 24-Port Switches with GREENnet Technology
Power-saving feature determines and supplies an appropriate amount of power to each hardwired switching port as required by each connected device, by the port, and by the length of cable.
Hardware brand TRENDnet has announced the launch of a CeBIT 16-port, 10/100 Mbps power-saving switch called GREENnet (model TE100-S16g) as well as a 24-port, 10/100 Mbps GREENnet switch (model TE100-S24g). Both models feature TRENDnet’s embedded GREENnet technology.
GREENnet is a TRENDnet switch-based technology that determines and supplies the appropriate amount of electrical power to each hardwired switching port as required by the connected device, by the port, or by the length of the connected Ethernet cable. GREENnet technology can reduce port-based power consumption by up to 40 percent for 10/100 Mbps switches and 70 percent for Gigabit switches.†
“TRENDnet’s latest GREENnet switches save energy and are priced competitively,” says Zak Wood, director of global marketing for TRENDnet. “The estimated total product lifespan cost combined with an industry leading warranty, provide a compelling consumer value proposition.”
According to TRENDnet, the 16-port, 10/100 Mbps GREENnet switch “boosts efficiency and eliminates network congestion.” It does so, the company states, via a total switching capacity of 3.2 Gbps with Full-Duplex mode support for all 16 auto-negotiation RJ-45 ports.
Diagnostic LEDs convey port status, and a rackmount kit is included. The TE100-S16g includes a five-year limited warranty and will be available from TRENDnet’s online and retail partners this month. The MSRP for the TE100-S16g is $69.
The plug and play 24-port, 10/100Mbps GREENnet switch offers a total switching capacity of 4.8Gbps. Diagnostic LEDs for the 24 Full Duplex Auto-Negotiation RJ-45 ports convey port status. The switch sports a metal enclosure and includes a rackmount kit.
The TE100-S24g includes a five-year limited warranty and is currently available from TRENDnet’s online and retail partners. The MSRP for the TE100-S24g is US $89.
Below is a list of TRENDnet products with integrated GREENnet technology:
- TEW-673GRU–300Mbps Concurrent Dual Band Wireless N Gigabit Router
- TEW-672GR–300Mbps Dual Band Wireless N Gigabit Router
- TEW-652BRP–Wireless N Home Router
- TEW-651BR–150Mbps Wireless N Home Router
- TEW-639GR–300Mbps Wireless N Gigabit Router
- TEW-634GRU–300Mbps Wireless N Gigabit Router with USB Port
- TEW-633GR–300Mbps Wireless N Gigabit Router
- TEG-S80Dg–8-Port Gigabit GREENnet Switch
- TEG-S80g–8-Port Gigabit GREENnet Switch
- TEG-S50g–5-Port Gigabit GREENnet Switch
- TEG-S5g–5-Port Gigabit GREENnet Switch
- TE100-S24g–24-Port 10/100Mbps GREENnet Switch
- TE100-S16g–16-Port 10/100Mbps GREENnet Switch
- TE100-S16Eg–16-Port 10/100Mbps GREENnet Switch
- TE100-S80g–8-Port 10/100Mbps GREENnet Switch
- TE100-S50g–5-Port 10/100Mbps GREENnet Switch