Fujitsu Computer Products of America Inc. has added to its portable ScanSnap line of document imaging scanners and services this week.
The new Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300 is a mobile multi-page scanner that employs the same one-button scanning as its predecessors, but with added features-like automatic quality sensing and long document support. It is also the first ScanSnap scanner designed for full cross-platform functionality for both PC and Mac.†
“Following the successful launch of the ScanSnap S300 and S300M, it was important that we bring even more scanning functionality and platform flexibility to mobile consumers and business professionals with this latest solution,” explains Fujitsu product marketing manager Michael Sidejas. “The new ScanSnap S1300 provides users the tools to be even more productive and paperless anywhere, regardless of the computer they use.”
Fujitsu introduced multi-sheet, duplex performance in a USB-powered mobile scanner with the ScanSnap S300 series. The ScanSnap S1300 continues that legacy, adding greater intelligence, productivity features, and flexibility.
“Customers who travel regularly for business or share devices between work and home computers need a mobile scanning experience that offers them easy operation, quality image processing, and platform flexibility,” Sidejas adds.
Key features of the ScanSnap S1300 include:
- Automatic Quality–When Auto is selected under Image Quality, ScanSnap increases the resolution on small documents.
- Mark Text Function–Users can employ a standard highlighter pen on a black \and white document to automatically create searchable keywords.
- ABBYY FineReader for ScanSnap–ABBYY FineReader for ScanSnap enables users to transform paperwork into editable Word and Excel files.†
- Grayscale Support–In addition to automatically detecting color and monochrome, users can now scan images or text in grayscale.
- Long Document Support–Users are able to scan a document up to 34 inches long.
ScanSnap S1300 comes with software for PC and software for Mac. The software includes:
- ScanSnap Organizer 4.1 (PC)–For storing, managing and viewing PDF and JPEG files as well as for performing post-scan editing, keyword entry, and searchable PDF conversion.
- CardMinder 4.1 (PC)–For capturing both sides of a business card, extracting the information, and exporting it Outlook, Excel, Act! or other contact management software.
- Scan to Functions (PC)–This scans to a folder, attaches to an e-mail, scans to a printer, or scans to Microsoft SharePoint.
- ScanSnap Manager (Mac and PC)–For creating searchable PDFs, providing access to intelligent features, or setting custom scans.
- Scan to Functions (Mac)–For managing PDFs, searchable PDFs, and JPG files.
- Cardiris 3.6 (Mac)–For scanning business cards and exporting contact information directly to Address Book or Entourage.
The Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300 is available now for $295 through Fujitsu authorized resellers, mail order catalogs, and the Fujitsu Web site.