Palo Alto Networks (NYSE: PANW) today introduced Prisma® SASE, bringing together Prisma Access and Prisma SD-WAN into an integrated cloud-delivered service with industry-leading network security and next-generation SD-WAN to ensure that organizations stay secure and productive while working fluidly between branch offices and home offices, and on the road. A recognized SASE industry leader with nearly 2,500 SASE customers, Palo Alto Networks is introducing further innovations for Prisma SASE, including SD-WAN with integrated 5G to accelerate SASE deployments to branch offices and ADEM to provide an enhanced digital experience for users regardless of location.
According to the recently released State of Hybrid Workforce Security 2021 report, 61% of organizations have struggled to provide the necessary remote security to support work-from-home capabilities — accelerating the critical need for SASE to improve the security, connectivity and productivity for hybrid workers.
"Hybrid work is here to stay, and organizations are in need of a solution that enables them to secure access to all applications used by their employees on their network regardless of location — remote, mobile or from the office," said Anand Oswal, senior vice president of products, Firewall as a Platform at Palo Alto Networks. "Prisma SASE is a massively distributed cloud service that provides the industry's most complete SASE solution on the market, making it extremely easy for organizations to scale and secure their hybrid workforce while delivering an exceptional user experience."
Prisma SASE will be rolling out new capabilities including:
- New bundled SKUs, making it simpler for customers to adopt SASE. Prisma SASE converges Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA), Cloud Secure Web Gateway (SWG), Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB), Firewall as a Service (FWaaS) and SD-WAN into a single solution.
- New SD-WAN appliance with integrated 5G (ION 1200), offering organizations the ability to deliver 5G WAN connectivity to branch networks as part of the Prisma SASE solution, including the ability to run active/active 5G WAN interfaces for carrier redundancy.
- New CloudBlades integrations, including ServiceNow, Microsoft Teams and Zoom for improved hybrid work connectivity. CloudBlades is a platform that provides organizations with the ability to integrate various cloud services into the Prisma SASE solution via APIs.
- Industry's only SASE-native Autonomous Digital Experience Management, introducing a new digital experience for all users and branch offices on Prisma SD-WAN (introduced earlier in 2021 to mobile users on Prisma Access) while providing visibility into cloud infrastructure performance, application performance and user traffic monitoring.
- Integrated Cloud Secure Web Gateway with reimagined configuration workflows, providing very simple and easy-to-define web security rules with predefined recommendations and continuous assessments to accommodate the needs of a hybrid workforce.
"Organizations are actively deploying applications across data centers, public clouds and edge locations for workers at home, corporate or remote locations. These highly distributed environments are driving the need for secure connectivity. In fact, ESG research identified that the top network priority for organizations in 2021 is to ensure a tightly integrated network and security solution," stated Bob Laliberte, senior analyst for ESG. "Palo Alto Networks Prisma SASE enables organizations to fulfill that requirement by delivering a tightly integrated and comprehensive secure access service edge solution that combines security, networking and digital experience management. This includes the ability to leverage active-active 5G wireless WAN with carrier redundancy in the new ION-1200 appliance, highlighting its role as an industry innovator."
"With Prisma SD-WAN, we've been able to transform our retail stores and enable completely new ways to engage with our customers, providing a fluid experience between online and in-store shopping," said Tommy Meek, Chief Information Officer at Aaron's, a leading omnichannel provider of lease-to-own home furnishings, consumer electronics, and more. "We think combining Prisma SD-WAN with Prisma Access to provide SASE capabilities can accelerate digital transformation for organizations like ours."
"AT&T has a critical role in helping businesses transform their network and security infrastructure through SASE," said Rupesh Chokshi, VP, AT&T Cybersecurity. "Palo Alto Networks' release of Prisma SASE aligns with our strategy to connect and protect users at scale to drive innovation at the edge."
Palo Alto Networks SASE Leadership
Palo Alto Networks has been recognized as a SASE leader in the The Forrester New Wave™: Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA), Q3 2021 report and 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant® for WAN Edge Infrastructure.
More information on Prisma SASE is available here and on our blog.
Additionally, Palo Alto Networks will be hosting SASE Converge, the premier summit for SASE, September 28-29 to discuss Prisma SASE, customer use cases and more.
Prisma SASE will be available globally on September 30 and ION 1200 will be available globally on October 31. CloudBlades, ADEM and Cloud SWG capabilities are available globally now. Prisma Access and Prisma SD-WAN remain available globally as standalone products.
About Palo Alto Networks
Palo Alto Networks, the global cybersecurity leader, is shaping the cloud-centric future with technology that is transforming the way people and organizations operate. Our mission is to be the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We help address the world's greatest security challenges with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in artificial intelligence, analytics, automation, and orchestration. By delivering an integrated platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of partners, we are at the forefront of protecting tens of thousands of organizations across clouds, networks, and mobile devices. Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. For more information, visit www.paloaltonetworks.com.
Palo Alto Networks, Prisma, and the Palo Alto Networks logo are trademarks of Palo Alto Networks, Inc. in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other trademarks, trade names, or service marks used or mentioned herein belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Palo Alto Networks, Inc.