- Ivanti User Workspace Manager offers policy import directly from Group Policy, and tighter integration with Ivanti Automation
- Google Drive Connector for File Director enables consolidation and migration of cloud file storage with seamless user experience
SALT LAKE CITY — June 5, 2019—Ivanti, the company that unifies IT to better manage and secure the digital workplace, today announced the release of Ivanti®User Workspace Manager 2019.1 featuring new enhancements to Ivanti File Director and Ivanti Environment Manager. As part of this release, Ivanti File Director now includes a Google Drive Connector allowing easy file sync between on-premises storage, Microsoft OneDrive for Business and Google Drive without end user disruption or retraining.
New Product Features:
Ivanti User Workspace Manager simplifies security and desktop management with a suite of products including Application Control, Environment Manager, Performance Manager, File Director and Ivanti Cloud. With the release of Ivanti User Workspace Manager 2019.1, Ivanti has added enhancements across the product suite, including:
- Google Drive Connector for File Director.Just as users of File Director can sync files with OneDrive and on-premises storage, they can now benefit from the same granular control for Google Drive. Files can be synced on-demand or automatically – based on policy by type, age, size and path – to ensure that only desired content is downloaded and cached locally, within limits defined by IT. End users can continue to work and save files as normal and File Director will take files from the native location and sync them in the background to Google Drive, OneDrive or storage, allowing for easy consolidation and migration.
- Enhanced Cache Management for File Director. New Cache Management configuration options for File Director allow automatic clean-up of the device cache to minimize storage requirements and privacy concerns, especially in a shared desktop or virtual session environment.
- New Group Policy Import for Environment Manager. For customers that have existing Group Policy (GPO) settings, Environment Manager now features a Group Policy Import feature which enables IT to simplify the import and application of the settings to desktops. By effortlessly converting GPO settings, end user logon times are improved and management complexity is reduced.
- Deeper Ivanti Automation Integration for Environment Manager. Ivanti Automation has been further integrated into Environment Manager allowing the passing of parameters from Ivanti Automation through to Environment Manager. This enables Environment Manager triggers, actions and conditions to call tasks set up in Ivanti Automation.
- New Ivanti Marketplace Utilities and Tools.
--New Windows 10 Configuration Utilities. With the release of User Workspace Manager 2019.1, three new Windows 10 Configuration Utilities have been added to the Ivanti Marketplace. These utilities help ensure users have the correct default applications for a session and enable users to set a default mail client, set a default PDF viewer and set a default browser.
--New File Director Troubleshooting Tool. Offering dashboards and reports of File Director agent activity and performance, FDmonis a new tool which dissects logon and user personalization activity.
“Today’s digital worker expects more from their endpoint computing experience including seamless integration with the cloud-based file sharing tools they prefer,” said Alan Braithwaite, director, product management, Ivanti. “That’s why we are now supporting file syncing with both OneDrive and Google Drive,” “With our latest releaseof User Workspace Manager, we’re also offering greater integration, efficiency and automation so that IT can deliver the rich experience users demand – across their on-premises and cloud desktops.”
Ivanti User Workspace Manager 2019.1 is available now. For more information, visit: https://www.ivanti.com/products/user-workspace-manager.
Ivanti: The Power of Unified IT.
Ivanti unifies IT and Security Operations to better manage and secure the digital workplace. From PCs to mobile devices, VDI, and the data center, Ivanti discovers IT assets on-premises and in the cloud, improves IT service delivery, and reduces risk with insights and automation. The company also helps organizations leverage modern technology in the warehouse and across the supply chain to improve delivery without modifying backend systems. Ivanti is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah and has offices all over the world. For more information, visit www.ivanti.com and follow @GoIvanti.