The ASCII Group, a membership-based community of independent MSPs, VARs, and other solution providers, has announced the upcoming dates and locations for its 2016 IT SMB Success Summit Series. With eight different event locations across the U.S., attendees will have the opportunity to learn, hear innovative industry presentations, tour a cutting-edge vendor solutions pavilion, attend an exclusive member meeting, and network with their peers.
A major highlight for the 2016 series is a rotating group of special guest speakers, including:
- Steely Dan founder and former Doobie Brother Jeff “Skunk” Baxter – A consultant to the Department of Defense with a high-level security clearance in the Pentagon, he now advises top military and civilian groups on biological warfare, next-generation technology, and unconventional strategies. Baxter’s unconventional process to problem solving can apply to business in a variety of ways, and attendees will learn how to outthink their competition and what it truly means to think outside of the box in business.
- Ken Feinberg – Feinberg was appointed special master of the U.S. government's September 11th Victim Compensation Fund and was tasked with the burden of determining restitution for the 9/11 victims. According to Ken, “What is an individual life worth? Do our lives have equal value? Struggling with these questions led me to my belief. After September 11, I confronted the challenge of placing a value on human life by calculating different amounts of compensation for each and every victim. The law required that I give more money to the stockbroker, the bond trader and the banker than to the waiter, the policeman, the fireman and the soldier at the Pentagon. This is what happens every day in courtrooms throughout our nation. Our system of justice has always been based upon this idea — that compensation for death should be directly related to the financial circumstances of each victim. But now I found the law in conflict with my growing belief in the equality of all life.” Feinberg will tell his story on making the hardest business decisions on a national scale.
2016 ASCII Success Summit Series schedule:
- February 17 and 18 – Austin, Texas, at the Embassy Suites San Marco
- March 16 and 17 – Anaheim, California, at the Hyatt Regency Orange County
- April 27 and 28 – Milwaukee, Wisconsin, at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport
- May 25 and 26 – Baltimore, Maryland, at the BWI Airport Marriott
- June 22 and 23 – Miami, Florida, at the Eden Roc Resort Miami Beach
- August 17 and 18 – East Brunswick, New Jersey, at the Hilton East Brunswick
- Sept 28 and 29 – Columbus, Ohio, at the Hyatt Regency Columbus
- October 13 and 14 – Newport, Rhode Island, at the Hyatt Regency Newport
The Summit Series is designed for qualified industry IT professionals and managed service providers, and is targeted towards those who are looking to increase revenue and enhance their current business model. ASCII members receive free admission to the event. For more information on the ASCII IT SMB Success Summits 2016, including speaker information, a complete agenda, and registration, visit www.asciievents.com.