IPedge accommodates multiple unified communications EP via a single Linux server. The new EP version is designed for SMBs, supporting 40 users per server.
Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. and its telecommunications systems division has announced a new IP-based telephone system of SMBs.
The IPedge EP is designed to support 40 users per server.
†”With Toshiba’s IPedge EP single server solution, small businesses can empower their users to communicate more effectively, be more cost effective, and have greater access to their customers, partners and each other,” says Brian Metherell, Toshiba’s vice president and general manager of the telecommunications systems division.
On a single Linux server, IPedge EP accommodates multiple unified communication, including call processing, voicemal, and unified messaging, as well as native SIP line and SIP trunk support, mobility, survivability, networking with other IPedge or Strata CIX systems, and feature-rich telephone endpoints.
SIP trunks work natively with the IPedge without requiring additional gateway equipment. With its IP technology and open standards, IPedge is designed for growth, as future endpoint devices and applications are built on standards to help ensure compatibility with the system.
According to Toshiba, the benefits of the Linux server include survivability within or across the network to support business continuity and a higher level of security. “A single IP address provides cost-effective deployment,” Toshiba states in a press release submitted to Channel Pro-SMB.
Toshiba adds that it will continue to offer its Strata CIX converged IP system, which enables users to combine IP and/or digital endpoints on a single system. “Whether users choose IPedge or Strata CIX systems, they get the best of both IP and converged telephony solutions, with the quality and reliability of a Toshiba business telephone system,” states Toshiba.
Built-in features of the IPedge EP include:
- Call Manager — This application features unified communications capabailities, enabling SMBs to combine PC features with Toshiba telephones. Users can †click on their laptop or tablet PCs to dial, answer, transfer calls, and more. Call Manager features include Presence, Chat, Instant Messaging, and CRM integration with such programs as SalesForce.com, Act!, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Enterprise Manager — Browser-based system administration, enabling trunk and station management.
- Unified Messaging — This is built into IPedge, ith no additional equipment needed.
- Toshiba’s Wireless IP Telephones — SMB users can answer calls, access voicemail, and utilize various advanced calling features anywhere the Wireless Local Area Network provides coverage.
- SoftIPT Soft Phone — The client operates on any supported laptop PC via the WLAN or cellular Wide Area Network (WAN); and
Optional applications include:
- Fixed Mobile Convergence (FMC) — SMB users can stay connected via the uMobility fixed mobile convergence (FMC) solution.
- Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) — Part of Toshiba’s Contact Center Suite, this application handles calls and routes callers to agents as required.
- Contact Center Suite — These applications enable multi-site contact centers to work as one integrated system.
- IPedge Meeting — This application provides SMB users with an online solution to collaborate, communicate and connect. Features include dial-in audio conferencing and Web collaboration with scheduling, Outlook calendar integration, desktop sharing, conference recording, and usage reporting.
IPedge products are now available from authorized Toshiba dealers nationwide. They come in three forms:
- IPedge EM — This version supports up to 1,000 users per server.
- IPedge EC — This version supports up to 200 users per server.
- IPedge EP — This version supports up to 40 users per server.