StorageCraft Restructures Pricing, Licensing, and Delivery of its Flagship Product
The IT edition of the storage and backup vendor’s popular ShadowProtect line now provides for per-project licenses, short-term and long-term subscriptions, and flexible licensing.
StorageCraft Technology Corp. has developed a new pricing, licensing, and delivery structure for its ShadowProtect IT Edition, which is part of the ShadowProtect line of disk-based backup, recovery, protection, and migration solutions.
StorageCraft makes disaster recovery, system migration, data protection, and security solutions for servers, desktops, laptops.
The flexible pricing and licensing enables VARs to purchase licenses of ShadowProtect IT Edition on a per-project basis for their clients. In addition to annual subscriptions, they may purchase ShadowProtect IT Edition for an annual, quarterly, monthly, or a two-week period.
ShadowProtect IT Edition has a flexible licensing program, which enables a technician unlimited use on Windows-based servers, desktops, and laptops for disaster recovery, system migration, and data protection for physical systems and virtual environments.
StorageCraft vice president of marketing Curt James says the move to adjust licensing terms is the company’s attempt at satisfying those potential customers that “may not want to purchase its use for an entire year.” He explains, “The flexibility of the licensing program means they can purchase ShadowProtect IT Edition for as long as they need to use it.”
ShadowProtect IT Edition includes hardware independent restore features which provide IT administrators with a means of restoring or migrating systems to new hardware or virtual environments.
ShadowProtect IT Edition is complementary to virtualization solutions, such as VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, Virtual Iron, Xen, and other virtual environments.
It also features the following disaster recovery, data protection and system migration qualities:
- Bare metal recovery of Windows servers, desktops and laptops in minutes
- Ability to restore or migrate backup images without installing software
- Bootable recovery environment, providing automatic hardware detection and network support
- Complete support for Windows 7 and Windows 2008
- New boot configuration tool, improving migrations and restores to different hardware
- Ability to create full online or cold state backup images
- A simple view to quickly recover files and folders or update backup images
- Ability to compress and encrypt backup images for efficiency and security
- Configuration tools to manage domains, mapped drives and networking
ShadowProtect IT Edition is available through Lifeboat Distribution authorized resellers and StorageCraft managed service providers and VARs.