Kyocera Mita Launches HyPAS-Enabled Applications
Software solutions designed to optimize the company’s line of multifunctional devices.
Kyocera Mita America Inc., a Fairfield, N.J.-based maker of document solutions, has announced the availability of a series of advanced applications utilizing HyPAS (Hybrid Platform for Advanced Solutions) for the company’s line of TASKalfa multifunctional devices.
HyPAS is a software solution platform that optimizes the performance of Kyocera’s MFPs through custom, integrated software applications. Utilizing two key technologies—Web Services and Java—HyPAS transforms a Kyocera TASKalfa MFP into a scalable resource.
Kyocera’s new suite of HyPAS-enabled applications includes:
- PanelPlus—A software tool for developing and deploying custom operation panel interfaces for end-user customers.
- Equitra—Providing integration with both Equitrac Office and Equitrac Express products, Equitrac simplifies print-copy tracking, and provides management data, such as document output volumes.
- PrintQ Manager Secure Print Release-Provides Windows users more advanced print management and security benefits for select Kyocera MFPs.
- Open Text Fax Server, RightFax Edition–With HyPAS technology, RightFax integration accommodates scanning and sending documents directly from select Kyocera MFPs
- KYOcapture powered by AutoStore–This †document capture workflow solution enables simple capturing, processing and routing of paper and electronic-based documents.
According to Akisa Matsuda, director software solutions at Kyocera Mita America, HyPAS-enabled Kyocera MFPs provide “advanced applications, personalized to an organization’s specific document imaging requirements.”
“Through the launch of these applications,” Matsuda says, “organizations will be able to enhance the overall functionality of their document output devices, resulting in a lower cost of operation and more immediate return on their investments.”
In the future, Kyocera expects to launch several additional HyPAS applications, including a scanning utility application for Apple’s popular iPhone and iPod Touch as well as a new suite of security tools.