SMB Nation has launched what is known as the “Board of Advisors” program. As part of this initiative, the media integration company has established a new division to manage this program. The groups, which are designed to bring together like-minded MSPs and business people, with the common goal of leading successful IT business organizations, will be made up of solution providers, based on what solution providers want out of a group, and evolving with the groups' respective businesses growth and change.
Powered by IT and MSP consulting firm K2, SMB Nation Board of Advisor Groups will be led by Ken Thoreson and Keith Lubner. Both are well-known leaders in the SMB channel, are industry veterans, having spent several years directing Acumen Management Group and Channel Consulting Group, and are well-published authors in Redmond Channel Partner magazine, Channel Pro, and other respected journals.
SMB Nation Board of Advisor Groups will be geared toward IT business professionals and MSPs who are looking to be part of an affinity group that will provide them with a holistic approach and outlook to furthering their respective business models. The Board of Advisor Groups are based with the idea in mind that they are willing to be open and honest, and share information about all aspects of their business.
“With Board of Advisor Groups we are working to accomplish three things, improve profitability, overall company growth, and improve the quality of life of owners and employees,” says Thoreson. “We are building the next generation of peer groups, which are not tied to antiquated management methods or driven by vendor agendas.”
According to Lubner, while SMB Nation Board of Advisor Groups will be available to anyone in the SMB industry who is looking to share best practices with other like-minded individuals in their circle, he did remark that the ideal candidate is an individual whose company has revenues between $500,000 to $2 million per year, has invested in a PSA infrastructure, and has at least one layer of management within their business. “These are the types of ‘emerging partner’ companies that usually thrive in a board- environment,” he adds.
As a member of the Board of Advisor Groups, states SMB Nation, IT professionals can expect to achieve the following:
- Learn from the mistakes and successes of other IT service providers
- Set ambitious, achievable targets for your company
- Learn effective management/leadership methodologies
- Improve personal and professional life balance
- Discover new ideas that have already been successfully implemented by others
- Improve the capacity of your sales, service and other managers
- Stay on the cutting edge of the latest IT industry trends
- Network with professionals in your industry
SMB Nation Board of Advisor Groups will be designated by three separate categories of like-minded individuals, as outlined below:
- Board of Advisors: Accelerate your Cloud and Mobility Practice
- A 5 session, 4 month program
- Board of Advisors: Business Acceleration Program
- This Owners Board is a year-long program
- Board of Advisors: Sales and Marketing Acceleration Program
- A 10 Month program focused for sales and marketing teams
“This is not your grandfather’s Board of Advisors group,” says Harry Brelsford, CEO, SMB Nation. “What differentiates SMB Nation Board of Advisor Groups from other groups like this in our industry is that we will be investing forward in focus areas such as Cloud, Office 365 so that it’s not overwhelming and cumbersome to you, the IT professional and MSP. We will focus on helping you to look at alternative ways to help you successfully run your business. And we’re open membership encourages participants from all walks of life and lifestyles.”
To learn more about SMB Nation Board of Advisors, visit www.SMBNation.com.