Keeper Security, a provider of cloud-based zero-trust and zero-knowledge cybersecurity software protecting passwords, secrets, connections, and privileged access, has announced the launch of password rotation, a new feature that allows organizations to securely rotate service accounts and other privileged credentials on-demand or on an automated schedule. Keeper's new password rotation capability enables organizations to automate the changing and resetting of system credentials including Active Directory service accounts, Azure AD accounts, AWS IAM accounts, SSH keys, database passwords, Windows local users, Linux users, Mac users, and more.
Password rotation is the latest enhancement to Keeper's next-generation privileged access management (PAM) solution. KeeperPAM features enterprise-grade password, secrets and connection management in one unified platform. With the addition of automated password rotation, KeeperPAM's capabilities continue to grow.
Unlike traditional PAM solutions, Keeper's password rotation architecture is managed through the cloud-based vault and admin console interface, with a lightweight component that's installed in the customer's cloud and on-prem environment, called the Keeper Gateway service. The Gateway service and Keeper's new multicloud routing infrastructure does not require security teams to make any firewall changes, and it uses native protocols for implementing rotation.
According to Keeper, password rotation enables customers to:
- Automatically rotate credentials for machines, service accounts and user accounts across their infrastructure, and schedule rotations to occur at any time or on-demand.
- Perform post-rotation actions such as restarting services or running other applications as needed.
- Securely store all credentials in the Keeper Vault, and control and audit access to credentials.
- Log all actions to Keeper's Advanced Reporting and Alerts Module (ARAM) and third party SIEM providers.
- Create compliance reporting on shared privileged accounts.
Password rotation through KeeperPAM is available through the web vault, desktop app for Windows/Mac/Linux, and the admin console. The feature enables admins to seamlessly manage rotation for users and records, create gateways, configure cloud environments, and enforce least-privilege access. Password rotation as part of KeeperPAM supports Keeper's zero-knowledge, zero-trust architecture, which always encrypts and decrypts data at the local device level.
Learn more at KeeperSecurity.com.