The 2019 ASCII SMB IT Success Summit gathered MSPs, IT solution providers, and other industry experts in Dallas this week, in the second of nine business-building events planned for this year.
Jerry Koutavas, president of The ASCII Group, opened the event on Wednesday, March 27, with a presentation on “Understanding What High Growth MSPs are Doing to Close Business.”
Vendor presentations during the first day covered topics including the dark web, growing your MSP, marketing, cybersecurity, and telephony. The day concluded with a member meeting followed by a networking reception in the evening
On Thursday, Rayanne Buchianico, owner of ABC Solutions, kicked off the day with a presentation on “Key Financial Red Flags Most MSPs Miss.”
Throughout the day, sessions covered topics such as cybersecurity, cloud as a business, growth opportunities in the channel, networking, email security, vertical opportunity in HVAC/plumbing/electrical, and service KPIs.
Keynote speaker and author Adam Steltzner, recognized as one of NASA’s leading—and most unique—innovators, talked about “The Right Kind of Crazy: A True Story of Teamwork, Leadership and High Stakes Innovation.”
The event ended with voting and a closing awards ceremony. The winners were:
- Best Education - RocketCyber
- Best Partner Incentive – Vertical Axion
- Best Presentation – Solutions Granted
- Best Keynote – Pax8
- Most Innovative Solution - Passportal
- Best Market Opportunity - CaaB
- Best Rapid Pitch – RapidFire Tools
- Best Partner Support - Datto
- Best Channel Program – Pax8
- Best Revenue Generator – GreenLink Networks
- Best Partner Involvement – ID Agent, GreenLink Networks, Pax8
- Top Distributor – Pax8
- Best of Show – Pax8
Next up for the ASCII SMB IT Success Summit is Bethesda, Md., April 24-25.