November 16, 2016 01:30 PM Eastern Standard Time
IRVING, Texas–(BUSINESS WIRE)–NEC Corporation of America (NEC), a leading provider and integrator of advanced IT, communications, networking and biometric solutions, today announced the ExpressCluster software integration for NEC’s UNIVERGE UM8700 unified messaging application. The UM8700 enables anytime, anywhere access to voice, fax and email messages and services across a large number of PC, smartphone and tablet devices via one familiar user interface – Microsoft OutlookÆ. ExpressCluster software is an award-winning high availability (HA) and disaster recovery (DR) software solution that minimizes application system outages from hardware, software, network and site level failures.
NEC’s ExpressCluster software enables comprehensive redundancy solutions that can quickly recover UM8700 application services and data within minutes from hardware and software failures to avoid disruption of access to critical voicemail messages and services. Designed to protect business critical systems and data, ExpressCluster software is a fully automated redundancy and recovery HA/DR solution that is versatile, cost-effective and easy-to-deploy in physical, virtual and cloud environments. It is the ideal solution to safeguard industry-standard applications, operating systems, and virtualization platforms.
AVST, a trusted manufacturer of software-based Unified Communications (UC) solutions, worked with NEC on the development of the ExpressCluster solution for UM8700 and other products. Hardy Myers, President and CEO of AVST, said: “It’s a privilege to work with NEC on a variety of products as they continue to expand their Smart Enterprise portfolio.”
ExpressCluster provides simple and cost effective protection of critical UM8700 systems to avoid disruption of critical business activities and productivity loss. ExpressCluster’s best-in-class UM8700 protection and recovery solutions offer:
* Synchronous data mirroring for real-time protection and recovery of stored UM8700 database content and messages with no loss
* Granular monitoring of UM8700 application services and fully automated failure detection and recovery of applications and data to standby system within minutes without requiring client device reconfiguration
* Processor based licensing means no additional licensing cost for adding port licenses to the same UM8700 system
* Flexible and minimal hardware requirements support multiple deployment scenarios including running UM8700 Call Server and System Server on the same machine to minimize total solution cost and complexity
* Simple and easy to use web management console providing comprehensive recovery management of target UM8700 systems
* Support for local high availability recovery in LAN environment and remote disaster recovery over WAN and virtualized UM8700 systems deployed on on-premise and hosted infrastructure
“NEC is very excited to add the ExpressCluster solution for our UM8700 unified messaging offerings,” said Ram Menghani, VP of Unified Communications Products and Support, NEC Corporation of America. “This addition provides our customers an easy to use and fully automated solution to ensure their critical unified messaging services and data remain available and active 24/7.”
© 2016 NEC Corporation of America. NEC and UNIVERGE are registered trademarks of NEC Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Other product or service marks mentioned are the trademarks of their respective owners.