Backup and disaster recovery (BDR) developer Quorum Software Inc. has announced the latest version of its Alike DR, a Citrix XenServer BDR solution. Scheduled for general availability this month, Alike v2.6 is the latest in a series of QuorumSoft advances designed to better enable XenServer users protect SMB information.
“Alike v2.6 will deliver new local and offsite recovery features that build on the success of our recent introduction of Q-Hybrid, a new way to perform quiesced backups without using XenServer snapshots,” says QuorumSoft CEO and co-founder Phil Baskette.
Key new features in Alike v2.6 include:
- Offsite VM Protection – Offsite Vaulting capabilities in v2.6 streamlines the process for saving globally deduplicated data to an offsite location for XenServer disaster recovery protection.
- Recovery via Virtual Machine – Alike Disk and Memory Backup are designed to deliver capabilities for preserving the memory state of a virtual machine during backup so users can restore the VM to the running at the time of backup.
- Flexible VM Restoration Options – The Alike Incremental VM restore enables reverting and/or rolling forward of a VM to a specified backup state. Scheduled VM restorations from on-site or off-site data stores is also offered.
- Faster Q-Hybrid Backups – Q-Hybrid backup technology is expanded with NTFS awareness capabilities, enabling Alike to detect and protect only the necessary data on the disk.
- Multi-Tenancy Capabilities for MSPs – Alike v2.6 offers improved support for using Alike as a DRaaS solution.