Kaseya’s EE and SMEE Solutions Are Made Available
IT management developer launches enterprise and SMB versions of on-premises “streamlining” solutions.
Kaseya, provider of IT management software, has two new corporate IT systems management products that are part of the companies Kaseya 2 line.
Kaseya Enterprise Edition (EE) and Small and Medium Enterprise Edition (SMEE) are on-premises products that are designed as IT systems management solutions for streamlining processes, reducing complexity, and increasing staff utilization and end-user satisfaction.
Both are available now.
“The typical IT organization wastes a significant portion of its budget on inefficiencies that only get worse as complexity grows,” wrote Glenn O’Donnell, senior analyst at Forrester Research, in the July 2009 report IT Operations 2009: An Automation Odyssey. “Automate many of these tasks and corporations become leaner and more responsive to business changes.”
According to Kaseya EE provides corporate IT systems management through integrated automation. Based on a re-architected Kaseya 2 framework, with enhanced technology for businesses looking to incorporate a proactive IT management model, EE includes expanded features and functionality. Some of those features include:
- Live Connect–Remote access functionality
- ITIL-Based Service Desk–Integrated incident, problem, change, and knowledge-base desk
- AJAX-Based User Interface–Unified interface for intuitive navigation
- Desktop Migration–With Windows 7-readiness planning
- Scalability–Support of thousands of computers and devices on a variety of platforms
- Extensibility–Web service APIs
- Enhanced Security–Granular user, multi-role, and scope-based security
- Reporting Services–Centralized management reporting and messaging
- IT Procedures–Desktop and server task automation
- Flexible Scheduler-Automated task scheduling
- Device Monitoring–Over 150 SNMP templates
- Desktop Policy Management–Consistent Desktop Configuration
Kaseya’s SMEE product, on the other hand, provides comprehensive yet simplified systems management in a single interface. †
SMEE shares much of the functionality of the EE, but is packaged and priced for smaller IT departments. Through a single, easy-to-use dashboard, IT managers are able to scan an entire network and proactively manage servers, workstations, and mobile computing devices.
“Corporate IT departments are stretched thin,” says Jim Alves, EVP product marketing and strategy at Kaseya. “Ensuring that systems are secure, costs are managed, and end-users are satisfied are concerns of every IT department. It’s imperative to have the proper tools to meet those concerns. Kaseya EE and SMEE were designed to bring the power of automation and systems management capabilities to every size IT department.”