SMC Networks Managed Service Platforms Ship
TigerAccess managed services platforms enable solution providers to add to their support services while minimizing onsite requirements.
SMC Networks, a networking solutions provider for the SMB and enterprise markets based in Irvine, Calif., is now shipping its TigerAccess Managed Services Platform (MSP) family of integrated service solutions. The TigerAccess MSP enables VARs and IT administrators to remotely and securely monitor and manage their networks from anywhere in the world through a standard Web browser.
TigerAccess MSP is available through the purchase of a service level agreement. Depending on the level of agreement purchased, the user also receives a network management appliance that enables the network administrator to remotely monitor the status of network devices.
Service level agreements available initially are:
- SMCMON111-0 - Monitoring and Reporting of Network Devices
- SMCMON111-5 - Monitoring and Report of Network Devices with 5 Client Agents included
- SMCMAN122-5 - Monitoring and Management of Network Devices with 5 Client Agents included
- SMCMAN122-20 - Monitoring and Management of Network Devices with 20 Client Agents included
Some features and functionality provided through the TigerAccess MSP includes:
- SMC Service portal allows administrators to visually monitor multiple devices and networks simultaneously via secure browser-based interface
- Receive alerts on potential issues or equipment failures
- Perform comprehensive asset management through automatic hardware and software audits
- Automatically deploy firmware updates to SMC managed network devices
- Conduct patch management on client PCs
- Monitor equipment status including the discovery of new devices on the network
Using the SMC Service Portal, administrators have access to each of their deployed MSPs, giving VARs and IT administrators the ability to conduct a variety of reporting and management functions including: network monitoring, audits and computer inventory, remote desktop management, network policy enforcement, trouble ticketing, patch management, software deployment, and a variety of administrative functions.
The SMC TigerAccess MSP product family is backed by a limited lifetime warranty and 24/7 technical support, and is now available worldwide.