April 02, 2020 08:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time
SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--As healthcare workers around the world face the daily challenges of responding to COVID-19, Avaya Holdings Corp. (NYSE:AVYA) continues to enhance their ability to deliver critically needed support and care. The company today announced it is providing communications and collaboration solutions for free to healthcare organizations in order to help them stay connected, productive and safe.
“They quickly helped us develop our contingency strategy and implement the appropriate solution.”
Avaya solutions are helping providers address the unprecedented demands on them, such as an increase in patient care and inquiries, the pressing need to proactively outreach to their communities, and an ability to virtually connect patients, family members and care teams, especially with staff working from home or in temporary locations.
Healthcare is a priority for Avaya, and the company works with 80% of the Health and Life Sciences Fortune 500 Companies, and 12 of the top 20 U.S. hospitals rely on Avaya communications solutions. During the COVID-19 pandemic, the company has been supporting healthcare organizations worldwide in a number of ways:
- A key healthcare services provider leading the COVID-19 testing effort has been able to continue their critically important work while moving over 2,300 employees to work remotely with the help of Avaya solutions.
- One of the largest healthcare providers in the southwest United States, with more than 10,000 Avaya unified communications users, is able to maintain its high level of health services while moving staff to a work-from-home environment to help ensure their safety.
- The company has also worked with government health departments across the U.S., including Washington State Department of Health, to get emergency call centers up-and-running in a matter of hours.
- Avaya recently helped the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority and Shared Health Manitoba leverage CPaaS solutions to quickly ramp up their ability to respond to huge increases in call center volume.
WellMedic Health Centers, one of the most innovative health and wellness centers in Latin America, implemented Avaya communication and contact centers solutions for remote agents to address their current challenges. “In a moment like this with whole world impacted by COVID-19, we have to act immediately, and with Avaya’s support, in just over a weekend we were able to move our traditional call center to a remote deployment without interrupting service to doctors, their patients or our team,” said Carlos Araiza, IT Leader at WellMedic. “They quickly helped us develop our contingency strategy and implement the appropriate solution.”
“Our deepest gratitude goes out to the healthcare workers and organizations on the front lines battling COVID-19. Many of the providers who work with Avaya have told us how critical it is to stay connected and engaged with colleagues, patients and communities,” said Jim Chirico, Avaya President and CEO. “In the early days of the pandemic, we worked with hospitals to quickly donate and deploy collaboration apps and technology to support their efforts. Now we know it’s critical to support them with new capabilities that can help during this unprecedented global health challenge.”
The free software offers Avaya is providing for healthcare organizations include:
- A complementary 60-day subscription for the Avaya Spaces cloud meeting and team collaboration app that enables online virtual patient visits where care team members and patients can connect, meet and share across any device, using video, voice, chat and more. It also allows staff to create “spaces” for frequent topics and ongoing projects, and the entire healthcare team can work and meet wherever they might be.
- A complementary 90-day subscription for Avaya Cloud Notification Solution (ACNS), the modular cloud-based notification system that provides real-time communication when it matters most. Automation capabilities include Hotlines, Auto Forms, Auto Attendant, Custom IVR, and notifications to enable healthcare workers to quickly manage inquiries on-demand, conduct outreach to patients, gather and share information about patients and prioritize call backs.
- A 90-day complimentary license for contact center customers to convert their existing office-based contact center agents to remote workers. Avaya contact center solutions for remote agents can help address the health and safety concerns for staff while enabling them to effectively and efficiently respond to the increasing volume of patient and community inquiries. In response to COVID-19, Avaya has enabled customers to empower several hundred thousand contact center agents to now work remotely.
- Complementary 90-day licenses to a wide range of Avaya unified communications solutions compatible with virtually every Avaya platform, to enable healthcare providers to transition their teams into remote work environments to stay safe while being able to stay productive and collaborate from anywhere.
HIPAA-compliant options for Healthcare, supported by an independent third-party audit, are available for Avaya Cloud Office, Avaya Cloud Notification Solution (ACNS), Avaya OneCloud IX Contact Center, Avaya OneCloud ReadyNow, Avaya Conversational Intelligence, and for Avaya Managed Services premise-based solutions.
To learn more about the Avaya free offers for Healthcare, organizations are asked to visit this web page.
Businesses are built on the experiences they provide, and everyday millions of those experiences are built by Avaya (NYSE: AVYA). For over one hundred years, we’ve enabled organizations around the globe to win – by creating intelligent communications experiences for customers and employees. Avaya builds open, converged and innovative solutions to enhance and simplify communications and collaboration – in the cloud, on-premise or a hybrid of both. To grow your business, we’re committed to innovation, partnership, and a relentless focus on what’s next. We’re the technology company you trust to help you deliver Experiences that Matter. Visit us at http:www.avaya.com.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This document contains certain “forward-looking statements.” All statements other than statements of historical fact are “forward-looking” statements for purposes of the U.S. federal and state securities laws. These statements may be identified by the use of forward looking terminology such as "anticipate," "believe," "continue," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "might," “our vision,” "plan," "potential," "preliminary," "predict," "should," "will," or “would” or the negative thereof or other variations thereof or comparable terminology. The Company has based these forward-looking statements on its current expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections. While the Company believes these expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections are reasonable, such forward-looking statements are only predictions and involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond its control. The factors are discussed in the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K and subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”) available at www.sec.gov, and may cause the Company’s actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. The Company cautions you that the list of important factors included in the Company’s SEC filings may not contain all of the material factors that are important to you. In addition, in light of these risks and uncertainties, the matters referred to in the forward-looking statements contained in this press release may not in fact occur. The Company undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as otherwise required by law.
Source: Avaya Newsroom
For Media Inquiries: