Kaseya 2 Represents Next-Gen Products for Tool-Maker
IT systems management software developer announces new products, including SaaS and on-premises solutions.
Kaseya, an IT systems management software provider, has rolled out Kaseya 2, the next generation of the company’s product line.†
Kaseya’s new products include Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and on-premises solutions. The SaaS products are designed to meet the needs and preferences of service providers offering remote support, troubleshooting, and managed services, the small office/home office (SOHO) user, and SMBs.†
Kaseya 2 also extends to its popular on-premises solutions to meet the business requirements of the SMB, IT service provider, and enterprise IT segments.
In a press release to EH Publishing, Kaseya says its latest product line aims to provide channel pros with “affordable options on a subscription basis.”
The Kaseya 2 line of products is expected to be generally available this quarter, include:
- Kaseya Free–A simple, secure, and free remote computer access.
- IT Toolkit–A set of tools for instant remote access and troubleshooting.
- IT Workbench–Remote access, support, and remediation.
- IT Center–IT service delivery through integrated automation.
- SMB Enterprise Edition–Systems management with simple interface.
- Master IT Service Edition–A robust framework for managed service.
Kaseya 2 expands the integrated functionality of the company’s core framework, the Virtual System Administrator (VSA). The VSA provides real-time, Web-based IT task and process management, which now includes:
- Streamlined user interface
- Organizational structure for different users, roles, and overall system security preferences
- Enhanced reporting services
- Upgraded scheduler and Wake on
- Web service APIs for integration with third-party applications
“Kaseya 2 is the result of feedback from thousands of customers and a growing demand in all market segments,” says Kaseya CEO Gerald Blackie. “Kaseya is proud to offer a wide range of solutions tailored to meet the unique business and technical requirements of a growing and diverse user base.”
Kaseya 2 also means the debut of entirely new applications. These include:
- A configurable, policy-driven service desk that enables ITIL-based implementations, flow of incidents, problems, and changes
- A new Live Connect proprietary application that provides instant access to remote systems (including a video chat function) in the background, without interrupting a user’s productivity
- A discovery application that will find all IP-based systems and devices on networks along with basic SNMP monitoring of the devices
Kaseya 2 also delivers additional enhancements to the current application set, such as patch management, agent procedures, monitoring, desktop policy management, and desktop migration.