Lenovo is now offering the ThinkCentre Edge 91z all-in-one (AIO) desktop. The first PC in the ThinkCentre Edge family, the ThinkCentre Edge 91z AIO is equipped with Intel Quad Core processors and measures 2.5 inches. According to Bill Dominici, senior product manager for ThinkCentre at Lenovo, this new product is designed to expand computing for SMBs. Research shows that AIOs are going to be 14 percent of the commercial global desktop market by 2014.
"Our customers are looking for aesthetically pleasing devices," Dominici says. "It's a product that an employee would request but would be happy having in his or her home."
Thanks to its sleek design, the ThinkCentre Edge 91z AIO is an ideal product for IT service providers with SMB customers who are interested in enterprise capabilities but SMB product size and prices. According to Dominici, the ThinkCentre line has been popular among the healthcare and education verticals, but the 91z opens the line up to users who need more graphic capabilities, such as graphic designers or marketing departments.
ThinkCentre Edge 91z AIO's features include:
- 21.5-inch glossy high-definition screen with optional wireless keyboard
- Compact design to save up to 70 percent of space, as compared with a traditional tower desktop and LCD monitor
- Easy set up – just plug in and go
- Lenovo Enhanced Experience 2.0 for Windows 7, boots up 30 percent faster than traditional models
- RapidDrive on optional solid-state drive models to reduce boot time by up to 20 seconds
- 8 GB of DDR3 memory, 80 GB solid state drive storage, or 1 TB hard drive and optional 1 GB of ATI discrete graphics
- Support for HDMI and an optional Blu-ray DVD drive
- Web camera and microphone for streaming video and video chat
- Supports Intel Core i3, up to i7
The ThinkCentre Edge 91z all-in-one desktop will be available in July through the Lenovo channel. Pricing for the models begins at $699.