Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide, launched nine new PowerLite long-throw projectors for K-12 classrooms. The new Epson PowerLite S39, X39, W39, 107, 108, 109W, 970, 980W, and 990U offer remarkable image quality, up to 4,000 lumens of color and white brightness, long-life lamps that last up to 12,000 hours in ECO mode2, resolution as large as WUXGA, and enhanced wireless technology to connect to multiple devices. The projectors support 1:1 or BYOD environments and are an ideal low-maintenance, affordable, high-quality display for today's K-12 classrooms.
"Educators understand the importance of having the best display technology in the classroom to deliver dynamic, engaging lessons to students," said Veronika Knight, product manager, Projectors, Epson America, Inc. "Our newest series of PowerLite projectors provide affordable, reliable, flexible display technology with amazing image quality and the ability to wirelessly connect multiple devices and display multiple screens simultaneously. Their two-way content sharing ability and vivid, bright color display – even in well-lit classrooms – make them a perfect technology to support collaborative learning."
The new PowerLite projectors leverage Epson's proprietary 3LCD technology to deliver up to 3x higher color brightness than competitive 1-chip DLP projector models and include features to improve the ease of installation and setup. To support BYOD classrooms, the projectors provide enhanced wireless display technology allowing teachers to connect the projector to up to 50Chromebooks, PCs and Mac® computers, and iOS and Android devices. Educators can also simultaneously display up to four screens with the Epson iProjection wireless display solution.
Eight of the nine projectors offer two-way content sharing, which allows teachers to push content from the projector to wirelessly connected devices, and control which device screens to display. Students can take notes and send their work back to the projector. The PowerLite S39 offers a huge 350-inch diagonal screen size with Split Screen capability for side-by-side viewing.
More about Epson's new PowerLite series
The Epson PowerLite projectors provide robust features that make them ideal for the K-12 classroom, including:
- Remarkable Color Accuracy – Up to 3x Higher Color Brightness3 and up to 3x Wider Color Gamut with Epson over 1-chip DLP projectors
- Resolution – Native WUXGA, WXGA, XGA, and SVGA displays
- Flexible, Easy Installation and Setup – Most models include ±30 degrees vertical and horizontal keystone correction, Easy-Slide control, and Quick Corner
- Long-Life, Low-Cost Lamps – Up to 12,000 hours in ECO Mode2 (up to 10,000 hours for the PowerLite S397)
- Advanced Network Control – Some models include RJ-45 and optional wireless connectivity for remote projector management, presentations over the network, and more
- HDMI® Connectivity – Projectors in the series offer connectivity options such as 2x HDMI to connect multiple A/V devices, HDMI digital connectivity, which allows video and audio to be connected with just one cable, and 1x MHL-enabled port8
- Powerful, Engaging Sound – Some models include a built-in 16W speaker and microphone input; teachers can also use external speakers even in Standby Mode
As a leader in innovation and partnership, Epson also offers the Brighter Futures program, a unique sales and support initiative available specifically for schools. Designed to help educators select and implement the best products for their classrooms while making the most of their budgets, Brighter Futures offers special pricing, extended Epson limited warranty coverage for a total of five years, dedicated education account managers, and toll-free technical support for all Epson projectors and associated accessories.