NETGEAR Inc., a developer of networking solutions, has introduced the Nighthawk X10 AD7200, a smart Wi-Fi router that combines a 1.7GHz Quad Core processor and Quad-Stream Wave 2 Wi-Fi architecture plus next generation high speed 802.11AD Wi-Fi, providing wireless speeds up to 7.2Gbps. With the latest MU-MIMO technology, the router supports simultaneous streaming, while 160MHz doubles Wi-Fi speeds to mobile devices.
The Nighthawk X10 also supports Plex Media Server with transcoding for 4K streaming. From locally connected storage, Plex organizes movies, TV shows, music, video, and photo collections and allows users to stream anywhere they go on virtually any device.
“Nighthawk X10 sets a new bar for performance and speed when moving large video files within your network and to the cloud,” says David Henry, senior vice president for home networking at NETGEAR. “Today’s video files are getting larger with 4k and VR video. Offloading from capture devices and moving these large files within a network often becomes a time-consuming and challenging task. The Nighthawk X10 is powerful enough to move these files at unprecedented speed and provides easy access once the file is stored on the network.”
Other features of the Nighthawk X10 include:
- Six Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports with dual ports that can be operated in line aggregation mode for faster file transfers (up to 2Gbps wired speeds)
- Two SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports for streaming, backup and access to stored media.
- Automatic backup to the cloud with Amazon Drive
- NETGEAR ReadyCLOUD offers easy, secure remote access to USB connected storage
- 10 Gigabit fiber port for fast backup and media streaming to/from ReadyNAS or other NAS
- NETGEAR genie app for a personal dashboard to monitor, control, and repair your network.
Priced at $499.99, the NETGEAR Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart Wi-Fi Router is now available.