Aerohive Networks, a Cloud Networking Leader, announced its Software-Defined WAN (SD-WAN) solution for highly distributed commercial enterprises, retail chains, and long-term healthcare providers with hundreds to thousands of small-to-midsize locations and remote workers. Combined with Aerohive’s existing SD-LAN offering, organizations can now radically simplify branch deployments with a unified Cloud-managed Wi-Fi, switching, and SD-WAN VPN routing solution.
With Aerohive’s SD-WAN solution, multi-site organizations benefit from reduced network cost and complexity, faster deployments, identity-driven secure access, user and application flow management, path optimization, and automated fault remediation. Built on Cloud Networking, virtualized network services, and a self-optimizing, software-defined architecture, Aerohive’s simple-to-manage and flexible SD-WAN solution promises a secure and reliable HQ-like network experience for every user and device, regardless of location.
Available in January 2018, Aerohive’s SD-WAN will launch with the new Cloud-managed XR200P router, and a virtualized Layer 3 VPN gateway, equipped with:
- Application-Based Flow Optimization – Application-based flow optimization identifies, prioritizes, and restricts traffic flows based on application importance or bandwidth requirements. It also directs mission-critical enterprise applications to headquarters or datacenter via corporate VPN with the highest priority, while white listed SaaS applications can be directly accessed from the branch for minimum latency, and other traffic can be proxied through a cloud security gateway for additional monitoring and validation before being permitted to its final destination.
- Always-On Connectivity – Link-state monitoring and automated remediation provide always-on connectivity by taking care of remote networks running on lower-grade WAN connections, as well as providing continual path verification and failover upon problem detection.
- Network Policy Enforcement - Contextualized profiling and a flow-based, stateful firewall help IT easily assign forwarding policies by user group, client OS, client mac address, client location, and schedules. These allow corporate headquarters’ usage and security policies to be consistently enforced across all locations.
- Reduced Cost and Complexity - Multi-path link optimization and application-based flow control improve network performance across inexpensive broadband links, helping to reduce or completely remove costly MPLS links, while Aerohive’s Cloud Networking platform and virtualized VPN services dramatically reduce implementation and operational costs.
- Rapid Deployments with Automated Provisioning – Aerohive’s SD-WAN solution makes rapid deployments possible through streamlined multi-site rollouts with automated device detection and provisioning. SD-WAN routers can be shipped to site with no configuration and brought online within minutes from a single, centralized Cloud management console that issues device performance and security policies.
- Enterprise-Class Network Visibility and Reporting - Comprehensive reporting of links and connected network devices, VPN tunnel latency, throughput, uptime metrics, and a suite of troubleshooting tools help quickly identify and remedy potential issues.
- Unified Software-Defined Access Layer - Unified LAN and WAN policy management radically simplifies deployment, security, and troubleshooting at scale. A common software-defined architecture ensures that Aerohive’s access and backhaul network technologies work together to self-optimize, self-correct, and self-learn.
SD-WAN broadens Aerohive’s existing software-defined access network portfolio that already includes adaptive Wi-Fi and switch technologies, to a fully unified Cloud Networking experience.