At VMworld 2014, VMware Inc. introduced VMware Workspace Suite, a new integrated platform for managing applications, data, and devices. VMware Workspace Suite offers a single, integrated portal to access AirWatch by VMware mobile and content management solutions and VMware Horizon. For end-users, the result is a unified experience across mobile and desktop devices, while offering IT a comprehensive management solution.
"VMware Workspace Suite represents a key milestone, delivering the industry's best end-user experience in a single, virtual workspace that unifies mobile, desktop and data -- allowing people to work at the speed of life," says Sanjay Poonen, executive vice president and general manager, end-user computing, VMware. "VMware offers a best-of-breed and integrated solution that extends from the data center to devices, to make this end-user computing suite both simple and more secure for line-of-business and IT."
Other features of the VMware Workspace Suite include:
- Single Sign-On -- Access to web, SaaS, and Windows applications using mobile devices
- Scalable Unified Platform for Hybrid Clouds -- Provides a unified platform that can monitor and automate resource management across private and public clouds using VMware vCloud Automation Center and VMware vCenter Operations Manager
VMware also introduced new innovations in desktop and application virtualization at VMworld 2014. Updates to the VMware desktop product portfolio include:
- Real-Time Application Delivery with CloudVolumes -- The addition of CloudVolumes offers real-time delivery of applications, user settings, and data to any virtual desktop, enabling customers to deliver personalized desktops with the economics of a shared infrastructure.
- High Performance Rich Graphics Applications on Chromebooks -- The collaboration between VMware, Google, and NVIDIA offers a technology preview of high-performance, workstation-class applications, and desktops accessible from Chromebooks.
- Applications-as-a-Service with VMware Horizon DaaS -- This solution offers comprehensive delivery of published applications, shared desktop sessions, and full virtual desktops and applications via a multi-tenant public cloud DaaS.
- Desktop as a Service European Expansion -- VMware Horizon DaaS will be available to global customers in the U.K. and a third desktop service option, VMware Horizon DaaS Enterprise will offer high performance DaaS environments to a broader set of user profiles.
VMware Workspace Suite is now available. Contact VMware sales or a local VMware reseller partner for pricing. VMware Horizon DaaS Enterprise, support for published applications and new service in the U.K. are expected in Q3 2014. For more information, click here. The CloudVolumes solution is now available. Contact CloudVolumes sales for pricing information. Early access to the technology preview of graphic-rich applications running on Chromebooks is available to VMware and NVIDIA customers. For more information, visit the registration page.