Network security innovator Fortinet has four new wireless access points along and three new two-factor authentication products for 'bring your own device' (BYOD) and wireless security.
The four new wireless access points include the FortiAP-320B, FortiAP-223B, FortiAP-112B, and the FortiAP-11C.
As part of this strategic wireless security initiative, Fortinet is also introducing strong two-factor authentication clients: the FortiToken-200CD, FortiToken-Mobile, and FortiToken-300.
The new additions to the FortiAP product family integrated, secure wireless access with faster connections, simplified deployment, and centralized "single pane of glass" management. The devices are designed to work seamlessly with the wireless controller functionality embedded in every FortiGate network security device.
The new tokens work in conjunction with both FortiGate and FortiAuthenticator platforms. FortiAuthenticator supports FortiTokens across an enterprise by enabling authentication with multiple FortiGate appliances and third party devices.
- FortiAP-320B - A dual-radio 3x3 triple stream 802.11n access point that provides 900 Mbps of aggregate wireless connectivity. This access point is designed for environments that require high availability, high user density and high throughput over longer range. It also provides dual redundant PoE ports to maintain operation even if a PoE injector or PoE switch fails.
- FortiAP-223B - A dual-radio, dual-stream access point that supports external antenna connections. This allows customers more flexible installation options by projecting wireless signals to difficult to reach locations
- FortiAP-112B - An economic single radio outdoor access point designed for cost-effective guest Wi-Fi services or as a Wi-Fi mesh client that can be used as a CPE antenna for wireless Internet providers.
- FortiAP-11C - A small access point suitable for travel or remote access. The remote AP function will automatically discover the FortiGate wireless controller in the enterprise cloud, download its configuration and offer the same SSID used in corporate environments so remote employees can gain secure encrypted access to enterprise resources over the Internet. This feature enables IT administrators to save time and to reduce helpdesk calls.
- FortiToken 200CD - Ships with an encrypted activation file that allows customers to activate their tokens repeatedly and across multiple authentication servers without risking compromise from token seed exposure in an online database.
- FortiToken Mobile - An Open Authentication (OATH) compliant, time-based One Time Password (OTP) generator soft token application for mobile devices downloadable from iTunes or Google Play
- FortiToken 300 - A hardware-based USB Smartcard token for managing and storing PKI certificates and their associated private keys. Combined with the FortiAuthenticator Certificate Management functionality, FortiToken 300 provides a client certificate-based strong authentication solution from a single vendor.
“The BYOD revolution has elevated the importance of wireless security to new heights,” says Koroush Saraf, Fortinet’s senior director of product management. "Customers today want broad security solutions that are highly flexible, provide multiple deployment options and are, most of all, cost-effective.
FortiToken products are available now. FortiAP products will be available upon the release of a forthcoming version of the FortiOS operating system, which is scheduled to debut in late October.