Dell has announced the expansion its hyper-converged infrastructure portfolio to help customers accelerate and simplify IT deployment and management. Hyper-converged infrastructures combine full-featured storage, compute, and networking functions into a single solution or appliance, typically for virtualized environments. The enhanced portfolio offers customers the flexibility to build their own solutions, start small with scalable appliances, or deploy full stack, pre-built engineered solutions.
As part of the portfolio expansion, Dell will resell hyper-converged offerings from VCE, the converged platforms division of EMC, including:
- VCE VxRail Appliances Family - These are jointly engineered with VMware and are fully integrated, preconfigured, and pre-tested for VMware environments. Combining EMC data services and systems management capabilities with VMware’s hyper-converged software in a single product family, VCE VxRail Appliances are available in a variety of configurations for small to mid-sized deployments, starting with a list price of $60,000.
- VCE VxRack Node and VxRack System 1000 FLEX solutions - The VxRack Node is a software-defined storage building block with EMC ScaleIO software, while the VxRack System 1000 FLEX is a rack-scale, hyper-converged infrastructure offering that boasts high performance compute, software-defined storage and networking.
Other additions include:
- Dell VMware Virtual SAN Ready Nodes that can be factory integrated with Dell PowerEdge servers and VMware hyper-converged software.
- Next-gen Dell XC Series of Hyper-Converged Appliances are Nutanix-powered and incorporate the latest Intel Xeon Processor E5-2600 v4 Broadwell product family to provide faster performance to the portfolio of fully configurable 1U and 2U appliances. The XC Series also now has certified integration with the SAP NetWeaver technology platform running on Linux.
- Dell Hybrid Cloud Platform for VMware adds Virtual SAN – Dell Active System Manager’s integration with VMware vCenter, vRealize, and Virtual SAN creates a full-featured private and hybrid cloud platform with end-to-end automation capabilities from private to public cloud. New VMware Virtual SAN support provides guidance for building clouds using hyper-converged software with a system that connects VMware vRealize directly to a physical infrastructure.
VCE VxRail, VCE VxRack Node, Dell VMware Virtual SAN Ready Nodes (customer build), and the latest Dell XC Series appliances are now available from Dell and Dell PartnerDirect channel partners.
Dell Reference Architecture for EMC Converged Infrastructure, VMware Virtual SAN support with Dell Hybrid Cloud Platform for VMware, and Dell VMware Virtual SAN Ready Nodes (factory installed) will be available in the second quarter of 2016.
The VCE VxRack System 1000 FLEX is now available direct from Dell in the U.S. Global and channel availability are planned for the second quarter of 2016.