As of this writing, a premium ultraportable from the big three OEMs will run a 10th Gen i5 or 8th Gen i7, have less storage, and perhaps less RAM at $1,399. For Acer to hit that price with those specs, it had to save a bit in other areas. Fortunately, everywhere it’s done so it has been thoughtful, and not hurt the overall package. For example, the display isn’t the greatest, but it’s not bad either. While the Acer TravelMate P6 isn’t the most premium ultraportable out there, it hits a lot of high notes, inside and out, at a very good price.
FEATURES AND PRICING
(Specifications and photos courtesy of Acer)
- Price … $1,399 (MSRP)
- Operating System …Windows 10 Pro 64bit
- Processor Type … Intel Core i7, 1.80 GHz, quad-core (4 core)
- Memory … 16GB DDR4 SDRAM standard; 24GB max.
- Memory Card Reader … Yes - microSDXC
- Solid State Drive Capacity … 512GB
- Screen Size .. 14"
- Display Screen Type … LCD
- Backlight Technology … LED
- Screen Resolution … 1920x1080
- Graphics Controller … Intel
- Graphics Memory Accessibility … Shared
- Wireless LAN Standard ... IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax
- Bluetooth … 5.0
- HDMI … Yes
- USB Ports … 3
- Network (RJ-45) … Yes
- Audio Line Out … Yes
- Battery … 3920 mAh lithium-ion (Li-Ion)
- Maximum Power Supply Wattage … 65W
- Weight … 2.43 lbs.
- Security Features ... Smart Card Slot, Acer ProShield Security Manager, Discrete Trusted Platform Module (TPM) solution, Firmware Trusted Platform Module (TPM) solution, Kensington lock slot, BIOS Passwords: Us