Sweden-based Fractal Design has introduced its Edison M series 80PLUS Gold efficiency certified, modular power supply unit, designed for both gaming computers and workstations. The Edison M units feature Japanese electrolytic capacitors with a full protection suite, including over-temperature protection, and are equipped with a temperature-controlled FDB-bearing 120mm fan to maximize lifespan and keep noise levels at a minimum. Additional features include:
- Modular cable system with the most essential cables permanently attached
- 80PLUS Gold efficiency with a 5 year warranty on the PSU
- ATX 2.4 compliant, including full support for the new C6 / C7 power states introduced with the 4th generation Intel Core CPUs
- DC-DC design for improved system stability and maximum 12V output
- Tight voltage regulation: +/- 2% for +12V and +/- 3% for minor rails
- Extra long ATX 12V cable accommodates cases with bottom mounted PSU positions.
- Full protection suite: Over Power Protection, Over Voltage Protection, Short Circuit Protection, Under Voltage Protection, Over Current Protection, and Over Temperature Protection
Fractal Design Edison M series PSUs are available in a range of wattages including, 450W (MSRP: $84.99), 550W (MSRP: $94.99), 650W (MSRP: $104.99), and 750W (MSRP: $119.99). For more information, visit http://www.fractal-design.com/.