Mmm, chips. Tasty, tasty chips. Matt and Rich have plenty to say about them this week as they discuss the 40th birthday of Intel’s 8086 processor, which though greying around the temples a bit remains a silicon legend just the same.
You’ll also hear their thoughts about the forthcoming SolarWinds IPO, Barracuda’s new security awareness training solution for midsize businesses, Symantec’s ongoing push into cloud security for SMBs, and a new model for pricing managed services, not to mention an interview with Bitdefender’s VP of worldwide channel development on the latest opportunities in security.
And if you were born before the Intel 8086, don’t worry. You’re not getting older. You’re getting better!
Subscribe to ChannelPro Weekly!
Look for us in your favorite podcast app. If you don't see us (yet) then you can subscribe via RSS in almost any podcast app using this link: http://www.channelpronetwork.com/rss/cpw
Episode #: 080
Title: Middle-Aged Processing
File size: 42.3MB
Regulars: Rich Freeman - Executive Editor, Matt Whitlock - Technology Editor
Topics and Related Links Mentioned:
- Nomination page for the first annual Cecilia Galvin Scholarship Award
- SolarWinds files for IPO
- Barracuda Rolls Out Anti-Phishing Software for Midsize Businesses
- Tech Data Adds Symantec Security Solutions to Its StreamOne Cloud Marketplace
- Intel's "new" 8086 processor
- Lenovo's Laptop Throwback
- Get Your Literary Motor Running
- Simplify Managed Service Sales with Per-Customer Pricing
- Matt's Museum Pick: AMD Athlon 64X2
- Matt's Tech Pick: Intel Core i7-8086K
- Rich's ICYMI preview and peek ahead at the news week to come