Now, sadly, a duo instead of part of a trio, Matt and Rich blitz through several weeks of news, including the launch of Datto’s managed power product and partner marketing platform; the much-discussed demo of a Datto VDI solution at DattoCon 2017; Continuum’s acquisition by Thoma Bravo, the same private equity firm that owns competitor SolarWinds MSP; and ConnectWise’s ambitious plan to build a Lego-like customizable management platform for multiple kinds of technology solution provider.
Then Matt takes a look at some gaming hardware and software news from the E3 show, Datto CEO Austin McChord discusses IP cameras and IPOs in a recorded interview segment, and Matt showcases a failed Nintendo virtual reality product from his tech museum and some successful HP gaming notebooks. Listen closely, and you’ll also learn why getting lead generation assistance from Bill and Ed is a bad idea. Be excellent to each other, listeners!
Subscribe to ChannelPro Weekly!
Look for us in your favorite podcast app. If you don't see us (yet) then you can subscribe via RSS in almost any podcast app using this link: http://www.channelpronetwork.com/rss/cpw
Episode #: 049
Title: Bill & Ed's Excellent Adventure
File size: 44.9MB
Regulars: Rich Freeman - Senior News Editor, Matt Whitlock - Technology Editor
Topics and Related Links Mentioned:
- Datto Adding Power Distribution Unit and RMM Integration to its Networking Product Line
- The Surprise Hit of DattoCon 2017 is a Product that Doesn’t Even Exist
- Datto Offers Free Marketing Automation Tool to its Partners
- Continuum CEO: Acceleration and Acquisitions Are Up Ahead
- ConnectWise’s Strategic Vision Is All About Legos
- Where's Joel?
- Matt's Museum Pick: Nintendo VirtualBoy
- Matt's Tech Pick: HP OMEN Laptop
- Rich's ICYMI and What's Up This Week preview