So what are some of the top items we’re hearing from you that are important to members? And how is CompTIA making those accessible to you?
A number of offerings are important to members – as confirmed by the recent member satisfaction study. Among the top offerings important to a majority of members are business tools/education, certifications, research, accreditations/trustmarks for businesses, meetings/workshops, and resource partners.
Were you aware of the other reasons why your fellow members joined the association in the first place? Such as, again, to gain access to business tools/education and research/industry trends, for certification offerings, to support the industry, and for networking. Sampling of verbatim comments:
• “Being informed as to what is happening in the industry.”
• “Certifications are accepted/respected by the industry employers as a valuable measure of an applicant’s skill base.”
• “CompTIA is an industry-known organization. Good for networking...see and being seen at CompTIA functions. Also CompTIA does a good job of asking for members to participate in special functions/boards/organizations.”
Furthermore, nearly all members find at least one of the proposed CompTIA communities appealing for their company. Of most interest are communities focused on IT Services and Support, IT Security, and Managed Services.
One of the most interesting findings is that the very active members are more satisfied than inactive and even the somewhat active members. As a member of a couple associations, I can relate. What are some quick and easy ways for you to learn more and take advantage of your member benefits? Well, in addition to visiting www.comptia.org, reading the monthly CompTIA Connect member and daily CompTIA SmartBrief industry newsletters:
- Business Tools/Education - Login to the member's section of CompTIA.org to peruse the many business articles, best practice guides, sales tools, legal templates, marketing toolkits, ROI calculators and more.
- Certification Offerings - Plenty of up-to-date information and resources always available via www.comptia.org/certifications, including exam voucher discounts for members.
- Networking - Participate in one of the many communities available; attend the Annual Member Meeting in April, Breakaway in August, or a regional meeting/workshop. Visit www.comptia.org/events for details.
- Research/Industry Trends - Check out the NEW daily easy-to-read CompTIA IT SmartStat on www.comptia.org. Again, be sure to login to access the many reports, briefs, summaries, and data files available only to members.
It is heartening to see that overall, members believe in the “goodwill” of CompTIA. The majority agree that CompTIA is a credible association, has a positive influence on the IT industry, and is dedicated to advancing the global IT industry. Most also agree CompTIA has high quality products and services, timely and relevant information, outstanding customer service, and is responsive to requests/inquiries. For these reasons, CompTIA employees are further inspired to be even more remarkable at their jobs in benefiting its members and the IT industry.
A special THANK YOU to everyone who completed the member satisfaction study! Your voice was heard, your responses to this and every other CompTIA survey do not just go into some mysterious black hole. Please continue giving your valuable input to us via a variety of ways such as surveys, e-mail [email protected], a phone or e-mail conversation with your member relations representative, or leave a comment here. Lastly, I can’t help but think about a line spurred by the movie Aliens-- “Mostly members are satisfied, mostly.”