The IT channel's premier education event is well underway and the industry's top product and solution vendors have been showcasing their new products while networking with their channel peers at the ARIA Resort and Casino in Las Vegas.
With more than 125 IT firms present at the Technology Vendor Fair at Breakaway 2012, which began Monday, July 30 and will continue through August 2, the IT channel is abuzz. Several of the IT companies continue to announce their company's latest news during this week. They include:
- Edgewalk Channel Experience, a company that helps technology vendors motivate channel partners to sell more through strategies, technologies and support services, recently announced the Partner Experience Extender, its new partner marketing rewards program. Demonstrations of the Partner Experience Extender will be taking place today during CompTIA Breakaway at booth #131.
- SimpleSignal Inc., a cloud-based unified communications and collaboration provider for business and first-time Breakaway attendee, was proud to announce Dave Gilbert, the company's founder and CEO, and Michael Sterl's, executive vice president for SimpleSignal, participation in the Exhibitor Showcase during Breakaway. Topics they spoke of included mobile video using the LTE 4G network for iPads, iPhones, and Android devices, and SMS texting via office phone numbers.
- Carbonite Inc., a provider of online backup solutions for consumers and small- to medium-sized business, this week announced the new Carbonite Reseller Resource Center as an addition to the Carbonite Reseller Program. The Resource Center features a range of co-marketing and training materials to aid its Authorized Carbonite Resellers in the leveraging of the Carbonite brand.
- Black Box Corp., a communications system integrator dedicated to designing, sourcing, implementing and maintaining today's complex communications solutions, this week announced its partnership renewal with CommScope and their agreement to continue delivery of its leading line of enterprise infrastructure solutions with CommScope.
- CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Today they announced Nimsoft's, a provider of leading IT Management-as-a-Service solutions within the CA Technologies portfolio, new French and German versions of the Nimsoft Service Desk.
- Cisco, the developer of the multi-protocol router and leader in networking, recently announced its completed acquisition of NDS Group Ltd., a provider of video software and content security solutions that enable service providers and media companies to securely deliver and monetize new video experiences.
- Lenovo, the second largest PC company in the world, this week proclaimed its new ThinkPadX131e laptop, built especially for students with the technologies to enhance classroom learning along with a rugged design to meet the physical demands of the school day and beyond.
“Vendors, distributors and solution providers from across the IT channel view Breakaway as a unique opportunity to showcase their products and solutions and network with their channel peers,” said Kelly Ricker, senior vice president, events and education, CompTIA.
A complete list of the exhibitors in attendance at this year's Technology Vendor Fair can be found on the Breakaway 2012 website.