ZyXEL Communications, an Anaheim, Calif.-based provider of secure broadband networking, Internet access, connected home, and routing products, has introduced its NWA1123-AC, a dual band, 802.11ac access point aimed at smaller businesses that require a high-performance wireless network with flexible installation options.
“Businesses including healthcare, hospitality, and educational institutions are upgrading their wireless infrastructure to keep up with the relentless demand for mobility,” says Steven Joe, executive vice president for channel business for Americas at ZyXEL. “With our latest 802.11ac access point, ZyXEL has afforded these businesses—and [the] solution providers servicing them—with a device that will future-proof this effort and secure their investment.”
The ZyXEL NWA1123-AC features:
- 802.11ac technology offers up to three times the speed and throughput of 11n while a dual-radio design supports existing 11n clients, helping ease transition to an all-11ac network.
- Equipped with an enhanced antenna system embedded within the circular-shaped device, the NWA1123-AC blends into any business environment while offering multidirectional coverage
- A finely tuned 5GHz radio, in addition to a 2.4GHz radio that boosts the range of the less-congested 5GHz frequency, enables the NWA1123-AC to offer both coverage and speed.
- Hazard safety features, such as use of non-toxic casing material to prevent hazardous vapor emission in case of fire, are especially important to public venues such as offices, hotels, and schools.
- Multiple operating modes support enables the device to function as a stand-alone access point, a wireless client, and as a repeater/root-AP. The wireless client mode enables remote office peripherals such as printers or fax machines to connect to the network. The device also extends Wi-Fi services, utilizing the repeater or root-AP mode to prevent excessive cable clutter.
The practical features of the NWA1123-AC make it a good choice for business deployments. These include multiple SSID, solid WPA2 security, Layer-2 isolation, and 802.1 x radius authentication. These features, along with the high-performance RF design, make the NWA1123-AC a practical solution for building flexible Wi-Fi networks in small businesses.
Pricing and Availability
ZyXEL NWA1123-AC is available now through all ZyXEL authorized partners for a MSRP of $199.