ZyXEL Communications, a provider of secure broadband networking, Internet access, connected home, and routing products, has a turnkey commercial Wi-Fi hotspot upgrade to its CloudEnabled Business Access Point - the NWA1100NCE. This cloud-based hotspot functionality is specifically designed to help businesses and managed service providers (MSPs) rapidly deploy and manage custom Wi-Fi networks for business customers and guests. In response to surging consumer demand for Wi-Fi, this new offering reduces the cost and complexity of providing Wi-Fi access for a wide range of businesses in the hospitality, education, retail, and healthcare markets, according to ZyXEL.
The Access Point's hotspot functionality leverages CloudCommand - Power Cloud Systems' cloud-based software platform for networking. CloudCommand provides SMB WLAN networks with enterprise-grade Wi-Fi features including configuration, security, management, and reporting. The Hotspot functionality enables businesses and MSPs to create single- or multisite hotspot networks at a fraction of the capital and operating expenses required by existing solutions. It also provides flexibility in controlling and optionally monetizing guest Internet access. The new hotspot capability also includes an interface for network administrators as well as front desk staff to easily control Internet access based on users, session duration, and bandwidth usage.
Benefits of the hotspot functionality include the ability to:
- Customize branded login portals
- Convert any network into a hotspot without the need for additional costs for service gateways or switches
- Build either free or revenue-generating service plans based on multiple parameters such as pricing, usage, time of access and bandwidth
- Provide flexible access plans with option for different hotspot services to different users simultaneously
- Offer free initial service with options for a paid upgrade
- Deliver time-limited free access activated through text messaging
- Process online credit-card payments with no setup required
ZyXEL is also introducing three different subscription levels for its CloudCommand service, offering customers flexibility in selecting the cloud service level that best suits their needs and budget.
The annual subscription service starts with the small business subscription tier that offers essential cloud management and configuration features, including remote management and configuration, network-wide roaming, auto RF management, automatic firmware upgrade with group and scheduled update, as well as detailed usage reporting and graphs. The next level is the professional subscription tier that adds VLAN tagging, Individual Device Authentication functionality, real-time alerts, site survey, rogue AP detection, and more. Finally, the pro hotspot subscription tier adds hotspot functionality to all the features included in the professional level service.
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
The NWA1100NCE Pro Wi-Fi AP and annual CloudCommand service subscriptions for all three tiers are available from all ZyXEL authorized resellers and distributors. CommandCloud service subscriptions are also available through the portal accessible through the device.
- NWA1100NCE - $159.99 MSRP
- One-Year Subscription for Pro Hotspot CloudCommand Service - $119 MSRP
- One-Year Subscription for Professional CloudCommand Service - $79 MSRP
- One-Year Subscription for Small Business CloudCommand Service - $49 MSRP
Each new CloudCommand service account comes with a free one-month trial for the Pro Hotspot cloud service. Volume discounts for service subscriptions are available.