Zetta.net has launched its new DataProtect 4.5 cloud backup and disaster recovery (DR) solution allowing users to make full server image backups without requiring an appliance or a local staging drive. The SaaS-based service solution delivers complete cloud backup and DR -- from files to databases to server images -- directly to the cloud, with integrated WAN acceleration for optimal transfer speeds.
The appliance-free approach enables customers to start recovering data immediately after a disaster without needing to wait for replacement hardware, as well as offering reduced deployment times and maintenance costs.
New features of Zetta.net DataProtect 4.5 include:
- Direct to Cloud Server Image Backup - Users can back up and sync full server images directly to the cloud without an appliance or local staging drive.
- Appliance-free Server Image Recovery - Following a disaster event, users can begin recovery to any location with an Internet connection.
- Virtual and Physical Recovery Options - Server images are saved in the Windows-native VHD format, which can be restored on any physical hardware or virtual platform:
o Physical to Physical (P2P) -- The image is restored to a physical server
o Physical to Virtual (P2V) -- The image of a physical server is restored as a virtual server
o Virtual to Virtual (V2V) -- The image of a virtual server is spun up for easy restoration
- Native VHD Bare Metal Recovery (BMR) - P2P recovery option allows users to restore an entire system to new hardware by leveraging native Windows capabilities.
- SQL Backup Enhancement - The new direct-to-cloud function extends to SQL and Exchange backups, which can now be streamed to Zetta.net's cloud without requiring local disk space.
- 2-Factor Authentication (2FA) - Zetta.net is offering users an additional layer of account protection with cloud-proven 2FA using Google's Authenticator, which requires both a password and a secondary verification code sent to a specified mobile device for login. This mitigates the risk of a stolen password, as malicious intruders would be unable to access the account without the secondary code.
"Speed is crucial for data recovery. Extended downtime can have dramatic negative effect, and can sometimes cause a catastrophic business impact on an organization," notes Chris Schin, vice president, products, Zetta.net. "With Zetta DataProtect 4.5, our customers can start recovering their full server images immediately after a disaster, so they can get up and running again as soon as possible."
The Zetta.net solution is now available and includes backup and recovery software for unlimited servers and endpoints, all application and OS plug-ins, secure geo-replicated cloud storage, and 24x7 support, as well as all future updates or upgrades.