Veeam Software has released Veeam Availability Platform for the Hybrid Cloud, providing businesses of all sizes with the capabilities to ensure availability for virtual, physical, and cloud-based workloads in the hybrid cloud. The platform offers:
- Business Continuity - Recovery Service Level Objectives (SLOs) of less than 15 minutes for all applications and data as well as automated Disaster Recovery (DR) orchestration
- Workload Mobility - Availability for workloads across any cloud or location
- Compliance and Visibility - Proactive monitoring, reporting, testing, and documentation to ensure regulatory requirements are met
“Veeam Availability Platform for the Hybrid Cloud represents an inflection point for Veeam,” says Peter McKay, president and COO at Veeam. “In today’s digital world, we know that nothing less than 24.7.365 access to data and applications is acceptable, and as enterprises embrace new technologies to deliver what their users demand, Veeam has yet again risen to the challenge.”
The Veeam Availability Platform is comprised of:
- Veeam Availability Suite – Provides availability for private cloud and virtual workloads via Veeam Backup & Replication and Veeam ONE.
- Veeam Agent for Linux – Delivers availability for public cloud and physical workloads hosted by Linux-based servers and workstations – either on-premises or running in the public cloud.
- Veeam Availability Orchestrator – Provides disaster recovery orchestration.
- Veeam Cloud Connect – Streamlines backup and recovery of cloud-based workloads, providing a fully integrated and secure way to back up, replicate, and restore to and from the public, private, and managed cloud.
Veeam also unveiled new capabilities supporting Microsoft Office 365. According to the company, the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 ensures email data availability by offering secure backup of Office 365 email data, enabling quick recovery of individual mailbox items, and providing the ability to efficiently perform eDiscovery of email archives with advanced search capabilities and flexible recovery and export options.
Integrated with Veeam Backup & Replication, the new product also allows users with hybrid environments to migrate mailbox data between Office 365 and on-premises Exchange. Expected to launch in Q4 2016, a free one-year subscription of Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 will be available for customers of Veeam Availability Suite and Veeam Backup & Replication of all editions.