Super Micro Computer Inc. exhibited its latest embedded server solutions at Embedded World 2014 in Nurnberg, Germany. Highlighted at the show was Supermicro’s new embedded server solutions based on Intel Atom (Avoton and Rangeley) System on Chip (SoC). Supermicro’s new A1 series motherboards feature 4-8 cores, 14-20W SoC, 64GB ECC memory, quad GbE LAN ports, and up to 7 years long life. A1SAM/SAi motherboards are optimized for low-power server/storage, web hosting applications, and the A1SRM/SRi motherboards with integrated bulk Crypto (10Gb/s) Intel QuickAssist technology are targeted for network security appliances.
These new motherboards extend the foundation of Supermicro’s Embedded Server Building Block Solutions and expand its growing line of products targeting transportation and communications infrastructure, retail applications, digital signage, industrial automation, digital security and surveillance, cloud and cold storage, medical imaging, and network/security appliances.
Supermicro Embedded World Exhibits Include:
- A1 Series Intel Atom based embedded serverboards (Intel “Silvermont” microarchitecture) feature 2.4GHz 64-bit, 22nm 3D Tri-gate System on Chip (SOC) process to offer high performance per watt and greater power efficiency. Ideal for SMB low-power server/storage, web hosting, networks security appliance (Rangeley with QuickAssist) The A1 Series includes: A1SAi-2750F (Mini-ITX) – Low-Power 8-Core (20W); A1SRi-2758F (Mini-ITX) – Embedded Communications 8-Core (20W), Intel QuickAssist Technology, 7 year support; A1SAM-2750F (microATX) – High-Performance Turbo Boost Technology enabled 8-Core (20W); A1SRM-2758F (microATX) – Embedded Communications 8-Core (20W) Intel QuickAssist Technology, 7 year
- X10SLV / -Q (Mini-ITX) –Triple display & 7 year support, Intel 4th Generation Core i3/i5/i7
- X10SLQ (microATX) – Next generation Intel Graphics Controller with HDMI/DP/VGA/DVI, 3x independent displays Remote management with Intel vPro AMT 9.0
- X10SLH-F (microATX), X10SAE (ATX) –Intel Xeon E3-1200 v3 and 4th Gen Core i3
- X10SBA (Mini-ITX) – Compact, low-power (10W) Intel Celeron J1900 (Bay Trail D), 7 year support
- X9SKV-1125 (Flex ATX) – Communication, Intel Xeon E3-1125C (40W) and Intel Communication chipset 8903, 7 year support
- X9SCAA, X9SBAA, X9SPV-M4-3UE / -F-3217UE (Mini-ITX) – Low power, small footprint uni-processor (UP) MBs supporting Intel Atom and Core processors
- C7H61 (ATX), C7B75 (microATX), X9SCM-iiF (microATX), X9SAE-V (ATX), X9SRH-7F (ATX) – High-performance UP MBs supporting Intel Core or Xeon processor E3-1200 and E5-2600/1600 product families
- High-performance dual-processor (DP) MBs supporting Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 product families: X9DRW-CF31 (WIO 12.3-inch x13-inch) 8x 12Gb/s SAS3 ports via add-on-module (AOM-S3108-H8); X9DRL-EF (ATX) Low-cost optimized for embedded server applications; X9DRD-EF/-7LNF4 (E-ATX) Optimized for free-air cooling, 6 (x8) PCI-E 3.0; X9DR7-TF+ (E-ATX) 24x DIMMs supporting up to 1.5TB ECC DDR3, dual 10Gbase-T LAN; X9DRX+-F (15.2-inch x13.2-inch) 11x PCI-E slot solution
- SYS-5017K-N6 – New communication appliance featuring Intel Pentium B915C processor (15W, 1.5GHz. 3M, Gladden) and Intel Communication Chipset 8903
- SYS-5018A-MHN4 – 1U (4x 3.5-inch hot-swap and 2x 2.5-inch internal HDD/SSD bays, short-depth rackmount Networking and Security Server Appliance, (20W) 8-Core Intel Atom (Rangeley), 7 year support, Intel QuickAssist Technology
- SYS-5018A-MLTN4 – 1U compact, 2x 3.5-inch or 4x 2.5-inch internal HDD/SSDs, low-power (14W) 4-Core Intel Atom (Avoton) C2550, up to 64GB 1600MHz DDR3 ECC or non ECC UDIMM, quad 1GbE LAN ports
- SYS-5018A-FTN4 – 1U ultra-compact, Front I/O quad 1GbE LAN ports, 2x 3.5-inch or 4x 2.5-inch internal HDD/SSDs, (20W) 8-Core Intel Atom (Rangeley), 7 year support, Intel QuickAssist Technology
- Low Power, Compact Mini ITX System Solutions CSE-504-203B chassis and X10SLV-Q. Rear I/O, 1U compact, short depth 9.8-inch rackmount. 2x 3.5-inch or optional 4x 2.5-inch internal SATA2 HDD/SSD bays.
- Box PC built on CSE-101i chassis and X10SLV. Supports Mini-ITX (6.75-inch x 6.75-inch), front accessible USB 2.0 and audio ports, 1x internal 2.5-inch HDD/SSD bay, VESA Mount compatible, optional 60W or 80W power adapters.
For more information on Supermicro’s complete line of Embedded Building Block Solutions, visit www.supermicro.com/Embedded.