Super Micro Computer Inc. will highlight its new Ultra Series high memory capacity 24x DIMM, NVMe enabled servers, 2U TwinPro, 4U FatTwin SuperServer, and storage optimized 6x HDD/SSD SuperBlade solutions this week at VMworld 2014 in San Francisco, Calif. These server and storage solutions with VMware technologies are optimized for a wide range of virtualization applications. Headlining the event will be Supermicro’s 2U TwinPro, a VMware certified EVO: RAIL hyper-converged infrastructure appliance designed to accelerate deployment and optimize performance of virtualized environments. This scale-out solution features a balance of compute, memory, storage, and networking with redundant hot-swap Titanium Level, High Efficiency (96%+) Digital Power Supplies in a high-density 4-node, dual processor server appliance, for virtualization across business, private/hybrid-Cloud, End-user computing, and branch office environments.
Supermicro EVO: RAIL Appliance (SYS-2027TR-VRL001/002) features include:
- 2U TwinPro, 4 nodes, redundant hot-swap Titanium Level, High Efficiency (96%+) Digital Power Supplies
- 14.4TB raw capacity with 10K RPM drives and built in caching with SSD
- RJ45 (VRL001 model) or SFP+ (VRL002 model) networking connectivity
- Software Bundle includes vSphere, Virtual SAN, and vCenter components
- Supports up to 100 general purpose server virtual machines or 250 virtual desktop machines per appliance
- 2U TwinPro architecture supports next generation processor and advanced I/O technologies to maximize performance and number of virtual machines in the 2U, 4 node footprint
Additional highlights at VMworld include:
- Supermicro Virtual SAN Ready Nodes (SYS-F627R3-VDN001L/VDN002L)– Ready to deploy VDI nodes in 4U 4-node FatTwin supporting up to 400 VMs, 8x 3.5-inch hot-swap HDD bays per U and redundant, hot-swap Titanium Level, High Efficiency (96%+) Digital Power Supplies
- Supermicro 1U/2U Ultra Series Servers – supports next generation processors and flexible, integrated I/O options with max memory capacity up to 1.5TB in 24x DIMMs, up to 8x add-on-cards in 2U and redundant, hot-swap Titanium Level, High Efficiency (96%+) Digital Power Supplies
- Supermicro 7U SuperBlade – StorageBlade (SBI-7127R-S6) supporting 6x hot-swap HDD/SSD and 10GbE Blade Switch
- Supermicro 1U SuperServer for EVP – Enterprise-class, scalable SDDC compute platform
Supermicro will be at VMworld 2014 in San Francisco, Calif., through August 28, 2014. For more information on Supermicro’s complete range of server, storage, and networking solutions, visit www.supermicro.com.